Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach
Georgi Mladenov is the new head coach of Bulgaria's men's national basketball team.
Mladenov's contract will be for 3 years, with the option of a 1 year extension depending on results, Sportal.bg revealed. The executive board of the Bulgarian Basketball Federation elected Mladenov with a majority of votes. The other contenders were Jovica Arsic and Lyubomir Minchev.
In the beginning of March, legendary coach Konstantin Papazov stepped down from the national team, following a huge scandal during a match of his club Levski, where he was involved in a fist fight with the opponent's manager.
The 51-year-old Mladenov last coached Beroe Stara Zagora, as well as the youth national team.
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells
- » The Boss of the Football Referees in Bulgaria Resigned