Protesters Attempt to Storm Ukraine Parliament
A group of demonstrators have attempted to storm the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) building in Ukraine's capital Kiev on Tuesday.
Some 20-30 people demanding the resignation of Interior Minister Arsen Avakov attempted to break into the Parliament building, but were stopped by guards, ITAR-TASS reported. Some of the demonstrators were from the extremist Right Sector group.
Representatives of the Maidan protests, which toppled the regime of Viktor Yanukovych, are among the guards.
- » José Manuel Barroso: Brexit Talks Will Fail Without Compromise
- » EU Leaders Sign New Declaration 60 years After Signature of Treaty of Rome
- » France and Germany Tell UK to Expect No Brexit Favours
- » Two Charged Over Arms Supply to French Airport Attacker
- » Theresa May to Announce UK Will Reclaim its Waters For British Fishermen
- » Polish PM Heading Off to EU Summit, Warns Against Two-Speed Europe