Protesters Attempt to Storm Ukraine Parliament
A group of demonstrators have attempted to storm the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) building in Ukraine's capital Kiev on Tuesday.
Some 20-30 people demanding the resignation of Interior Minister Arsen Avakov attempted to break into the Parliament building, but were stopped by guards, ITAR-TASS reported. Some of the demonstrators were from the extremist Right Sector group.
Representatives of the Maidan protests, which toppled the regime of Viktor Yanukovych, are among the guards.
- » Merkel 'Proposed NATO Membership to Japan'
- » Die Welt: Six EU States Urge Extension of Schengen Internal Border Controls
- » Roaming Charges in EU Fall as of Saturday
- » Helicopter with Thirteen People on Board Crashes off Norway
- » Austria Adopts New Tougher Asylum Law
- » Suicide Bombing in Turkey’s Bursa Injures at least 13 People