Protesters Attempt to Storm Ukraine Parliament
A group of demonstrators have attempted to storm the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) building in Ukraine's capital Kiev on Tuesday.
Some 20-30 people demanding the resignation of Interior Minister Arsen Avakov attempted to break into the Parliament building, but were stopped by guards, ITAR-TASS reported. Some of the demonstrators were from the extremist Right Sector group.
Representatives of the Maidan protests, which toppled the regime of Viktor Yanukovych, are among the guards.
- » Turkey Bans Media Coverage of Prosecutor Hostage Crisis
- » Tsipras Hopes for ‘True Reset’ of Greece’s Ties with Russia
- » Turkish Prosecutor Taken Hostage at Courthouse
- » Turkey Hit by Massive Blackout
- » EU Adds New Chapters to Montenegro Accession Talks
- » Gazprom Paid USD 1 B to Eni, EDF, Wintershall for 50% Stake in South Stream