Bulgaria's Largest Telecom Mtel Extends License
Bulgaria's largest mobile telecom Mtel extended its license by 10 years, said the company on its website.
According to the announcement, the company owner – Telecom Austria - paid EUR 30.6 M for the license, plus an additional annual fee of EUR 2.2 M for the use of the radio frequencies.
The fee was introduced with recent amendments to the Electronic Communications Act. Previously the telecoms used the frequencies after paying an administrative fee of around BGN 300.
The licenses of the other two mobile operators – Globul and Vivacom – expire in 2021 and 2024, respectively.
- » Russia Bans Re-Export of Crop Products from Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Romania Move to Set Up Joint Tourist Info Center in China
- » Bulgaria, Romania Sign Joint Declaration on Energy Cooperation
- » Bulgaria Is World Leader in Broadband Adoption Rate
- » Discovery Channel Declares Bulgaria Top Tourist Destination in Europe
- » AIG Opens New Shared Services Center in Bulgaria's Capital