Bulgaria's Largest Telecom Mtel Extends License
Bulgaria's largest mobile telecom Mtel extended its license by 10 years, said the company on its website.
According to the announcement, the company owner – Telecom Austria - paid EUR 30.6 M for the license, plus an additional annual fee of EUR 2.2 M for the use of the radio frequencies.
The fee was introduced with recent amendments to the Electronic Communications Act. Previously the telecoms used the frequencies after paying an administrative fee of around BGN 300.
The licenses of the other two mobile operators – Globul and Vivacom – expire in 2021 and 2024, respectively.
- » Bulgaria-Serbia Cross-Border Co-Op Scheme by 2020 Granted EUR 34M
- » Minister Vows Swift Completion of Parvomai-Svilengrad Rail Line
- » Kiril Ananiev Appointed Caretaker Deputy Finance Minister
- » Depositors in KTB to Protest in Several Bulgarian Cities
- » Bulgaria's Energy Board to Start Functioning in а Week
- » South Stream Bulgaria JV Raises Capital Despite Ban