Bulgaria's Largest Telecom Mtel Extends License
Bulgaria's largest mobile telecom Mtel extended its license by 10 years, said the company on its website.
According to the announcement, the company owner – Telecom Austria - paid EUR 30.6 M for the license, plus an additional annual fee of EUR 2.2 M for the use of the radio frequencies.
The fee was introduced with recent amendments to the Electronic Communications Act. Previously the telecoms used the frequencies after paying an administrative fee of around BGN 300.
The licenses of the other two mobile operators – Globul and Vivacom – expire in 2021 and 2024, respectively.
- » Daily Mail: Thomas Cook Says Bulgaria, Cuba Emerge as ‘New Hotspots' for British Tourists
- » Bulgaria, Russia to Look into Options for the Future of Belene NPP Project
- » Bulgaria’s Gross Foreign Debt Dips 1.3% Y/Y in May 2016
- » Bulgaria’s Business Climate Worsens in July – NSI Survey
- » Bulgaria Appoints New Deputy Finance Minister
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June