Bulgaria's Largest Telecom Mtel Extends License
Bulgaria's largest mobile telecom Mtel extended its license by 10 years, said the company on its website.
According to the announcement, the company owner – Telecom Austria - paid EUR 30.6 M for the license, plus an additional annual fee of EUR 2.2 M for the use of the radio frequencies.
The fee was introduced with recent amendments to the Electronic Communications Act. Previously the telecoms used the frequencies after paying an administrative fee of around BGN 300.
The licenses of the other two mobile operators – Globul and Vivacom – expire in 2021 and 2024, respectively.
- » Bulgarians will be Able to Travel for Longer without Visas to Six Island States
- » Nearly 30% of the Bulgarian Business Expects Negatives from Brexit
- » Lidl will Open at least Seven New Stores in Bulgaria in 2018
- » Lidl will Reduce Plastic in its Products with 20% by 2025.
- » Over EUR 335 Million is the Export of Bulgarian Furniture in 2017
- » Bulgaria will Cooperate with Saudi Arabia in Agriculture