Bulgaria's Largest Telecom Mtel Extends License
Bulgaria's largest mobile telecom Mtel extended its license by 10 years, said the company on its website.
According to the announcement, the company owner – Telecom Austria - paid EUR 30.6 M for the license, plus an additional annual fee of EUR 2.2 M for the use of the radio frequencies.
The fee was introduced with recent amendments to the Electronic Communications Act. Previously the telecoms used the frequencies after paying an administrative fee of around BGN 300.
The licenses of the other two mobile operators – Globul and Vivacom – expire in 2021 and 2024, respectively.
- » KEVR To Launch Inspections of Energy Distribution Ventures
- » Bulgaria's RIA To Seek Furnding for Kalotina-Sofia Highway
- » Six New Destinations from Varna To Be Launched in 2017
- » Average Monthly Wage in Bulgaria To Exceed BGN 1,000 in 2017
- » License for Kozloduy's Fifth Unit To Be Issued by September
- » Bulgaria Air Offers Ticket Discounts As Well