Police Station Stormed as Kiev Moves to Quell Blockades
Pro-Russian fractions have stormed a police station in the Ukrainian city Horlivka, Donetsk region on Monday night.
Footage from Ukrainian television showed an ambulance on the scene treating injured demonstrators, Euronews revealed. Around 150 people gathered in front of the police station to voice their support for the separatist groups and call for a referendum to split from the central government.
Barricades remain in front of key buildings in eastern Ukrainian cities.
Interim President Oleksandr Turchynov revealed that a counter-terrorism operation to restore order has begun in the early hours of Tuesday, Interfax reported.
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order