Police Station Stormed as Kiev Moves to Quell Blockades
Pro-Russian fractions have stormed a police station in the Ukrainian city Horlivka, Donetsk region on Monday night.
Footage from Ukrainian television showed an ambulance on the scene treating injured demonstrators, Euronews revealed. Around 150 people gathered in front of the police station to voice their support for the separatist groups and call for a referendum to split from the central government.
Barricades remain in front of key buildings in eastern Ukrainian cities.
Interim President Oleksandr Turchynov revealed that a counter-terrorism operation to restore order has begun in the early hours of Tuesday, Interfax reported.
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot
- » Turkey Starts Military Operation in Syria to Push IS Group Back from Border