Police Station Stormed as Kiev Moves to Quell Blockades
Pro-Russian fractions have stormed a police station in the Ukrainian city Horlivka, Donetsk region on Monday night.
Footage from Ukrainian television showed an ambulance on the scene treating injured demonstrators, Euronews revealed. Around 150 people gathered in front of the police station to voice their support for the separatist groups and call for a referendum to split from the central government.
Barricades remain in front of key buildings in eastern Ukrainian cities.
Interim President Oleksandr Turchynov revealed that a counter-terrorism operation to restore order has begun in the early hours of Tuesday, Interfax reported.
- » Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats While Continuing Airstrikes on Yemen
- » 17 People Killed as Somali Troops Regain Control of Occupied Hotel
- » Israel to Unfreeze Tax Transfers to Palestine
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Wanted to Make His Name Known Worldwide
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Hid Mental Illness from Employer - Prosecutors
- » Turkish President Erdogan Pledges Support for Saudi Arabia Military Operation