Police Station Stormed as Kiev Moves to Quell Blockades
Pro-Russian fractions have stormed a police station in the Ukrainian city Horlivka, Donetsk region on Monday night.
Footage from Ukrainian television showed an ambulance on the scene treating injured demonstrators, Euronews revealed. Around 150 people gathered in front of the police station to voice their support for the separatist groups and call for a referendum to split from the central government.
Barricades remain in front of key buildings in eastern Ukrainian cities.
Interim President Oleksandr Turchynov revealed that a counter-terrorism operation to restore order has begun in the early hours of Tuesday, Interfax reported.
- » Turkish Newspaper Journalists Face Terrorism Trial
- » Mass Arrests at Protest in Ankara
- » More than 120 Palestinians were Injured During Clashes with Israeli Forces
- » Taliban Attack in Kabul with at Least 24 Killed and 42 Injured
- » Trump to Visit Israel Monday in Bid to Ease Tensions
- » China Banned Justin Bieber