Police Station Stormed as Kiev Moves to Quell Blockades
Pro-Russian fractions have stormed a police station in the Ukrainian city Horlivka, Donetsk region on Monday night.
Footage from Ukrainian television showed an ambulance on the scene treating injured demonstrators, Euronews revealed. Around 150 people gathered in front of the police station to voice their support for the separatist groups and call for a referendum to split from the central government.
Barricades remain in front of key buildings in eastern Ukrainian cities.
Interim President Oleksandr Turchynov revealed that a counter-terrorism operation to restore order has begun in the early hours of Tuesday, Interfax reported.
- » Macron Signs French Labor Reform Decrees
- » Uber Stripped of its License to Operate in London
- » Israeli Jets Bombed Site Close to Damascus Airport
- » Spain Police Detain Man Accused of Link to Barcelona Attacks
- » Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting North Korea's Trading Partners
- » North Korea may Consider H-bomb Test in Pacific