Azerbaijan's Energy Minister on Official Visit to Bulgaria
Azerbaijan's Energy Minister Natig Aliyev is on an official visit to Bulgaria, Tuesday.
Aliyev is to meet Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev.
During an official visit of PM Oresharski in Baku in February 2014, Azerbaijan expressed preparedness to deliver up to 3 billion cubic meters of gas per year after 2019. The state has showed interest in natural gas exploration in the Black Sea, as well, Standart news reminds.
In February, Bulgaria's Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev has confirmed Bulgaria's interest in receiving gas supplies from Azerbaijan after meeting with senior executives of the state-owned oil and natural gas corporation of Azerbaijan.
Gas from Azerbaijan is seen as a serious alternative to Russian natural gas, as supplies through Caspian Sea can provide partial diversification of gas sources not only for Bulgaria but for the whole European Union.
- » Expelled Socialist Party MP to Launch His Own Party
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 24 M on Providing All Citizens with State Emails
- » PM Borisov, PES Leader Discuss Migrant Crisis, Bulgaria's Schengen Accession
- » Two Bulgarians Get Jail Terms in Sweden for Running Begging Scheme
- » Bulgaria Urges EU to Help Normalize Traffic at Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 50 000 to EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa