Azerbaijan's Energy Minister on Official Visit to Bulgaria
Azerbaijan's Energy Minister Natig Aliyev is on an official visit to Bulgaria, Tuesday.
Aliyev is to meet Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev.
During an official visit of PM Oresharski in Baku in February 2014, Azerbaijan expressed preparedness to deliver up to 3 billion cubic meters of gas per year after 2019. The state has showed interest in natural gas exploration in the Black Sea, as well, Standart news reminds.
In February, Bulgaria's Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev has confirmed Bulgaria's interest in receiving gas supplies from Azerbaijan after meeting with senior executives of the state-owned oil and natural gas corporation of Azerbaijan.
Gas from Azerbaijan is seen as a serious alternative to Russian natural gas, as supplies through Caspian Sea can provide partial diversification of gas sources not only for Bulgaria but for the whole European Union.
- » U.S. Has Agreed Not to Take Military Action Against North Korea Without 1st Getting South Korea’s Approval
- » Bulgaria will Collect BGN 1.5b per Year From Cargo Vehicles with the New Toll System
- » Bulgarian PM: 'Valeri Simeonov Acts Within What the Law Says'
- » Vucic-Trump Meeting Could Happen by End of 2017
- » 600 Armed Military to Protect the Border Between Turkey and Bulgaria
- » Merchants Offer Dangerous Sunglasses