Azerbaijan's Energy Minister on Official Visit to Bulgaria
Azerbaijan's Energy Minister Natig Aliyev is on an official visit to Bulgaria, Tuesday.
Aliyev is to meet Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev.
During an official visit of PM Oresharski in Baku in February 2014, Azerbaijan expressed preparedness to deliver up to 3 billion cubic meters of gas per year after 2019. The state has showed interest in natural gas exploration in the Black Sea, as well, Standart news reminds.
In February, Bulgaria's Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev has confirmed Bulgaria's interest in receiving gas supplies from Azerbaijan after meeting with senior executives of the state-owned oil and natural gas corporation of Azerbaijan.
Gas from Azerbaijan is seen as a serious alternative to Russian natural gas, as supplies through Caspian Sea can provide partial diversification of gas sources not only for Bulgaria but for the whole European Union.
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Take ‘Step Forward’ in Coalition Talks
- » Iva Yordanova Resigns as Deputy Head of Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Bulgarian Socialists Ready for New Talks with GERB, Mikov Says
- » EU Commission 'Should Adopt New Approach' to Disasters, Emergency - MEP
- » Bulgaria’s President: New Elections Are Not an Option
- » Bulgaria's GERB to Hold New Gov't Talks with Four Parties