Azerbaijan's Energy Minister on Official Visit to Bulgaria
Azerbaijan's Energy Minister Natig Aliyev is on an official visit to Bulgaria, Tuesday.
Aliyev is to meet Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev.
During an official visit of PM Oresharski in Baku in February 2014, Azerbaijan expressed preparedness to deliver up to 3 billion cubic meters of gas per year after 2019. The state has showed interest in natural gas exploration in the Black Sea, as well, Standart news reminds.
In February, Bulgaria's Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev has confirmed Bulgaria's interest in receiving gas supplies from Azerbaijan after meeting with senior executives of the state-owned oil and natural gas corporation of Azerbaijan.
Gas from Azerbaijan is seen as a serious alternative to Russian natural gas, as supplies through Caspian Sea can provide partial diversification of gas sources not only for Bulgaria but for the whole European Union.
- » Bulgaria: Serbia has our Unconditional Support for joining the EU
- » Defense Attache in Washington Nominated as New Bulgarian Air Force Chief
- » Interest in Bulgarian Citizenship Rises among Britons after Brexit
- » Angela Merkel to Hold Official Meeting of European PMs, Bulgaria's Borisov among Them
- » Bulgarian EU Presidency to Cost Estimated EUR 75 M
- » “We Need More UN’’, Bulgaria’s Irina Bokova Tells RFI