Azerbaijan's Energy Minister on Official Visit to Bulgaria
Azerbaijan's Energy Minister Natig Aliyev is on an official visit to Bulgaria, Tuesday.
Aliyev is to meet Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev.
During an official visit of PM Oresharski in Baku in February 2014, Azerbaijan expressed preparedness to deliver up to 3 billion cubic meters of gas per year after 2019. The state has showed interest in natural gas exploration in the Black Sea, as well, Standart news reminds.
In February, Bulgaria's Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev has confirmed Bulgaria's interest in receiving gas supplies from Azerbaijan after meeting with senior executives of the state-owned oil and natural gas corporation of Azerbaijan.
Gas from Azerbaijan is seen as a serious alternative to Russian natural gas, as supplies through Caspian Sea can provide partial diversification of gas sources not only for Bulgaria but for the whole European Union.
- » 58% of Bulgarians Plan to Vote in Local Elections Oct. 25 - Poll
- » Bulgaria, Turkey PMs to Meet in Istanbul on Wednesday
- » Bulgaria to Invest EUR 102 M in Boosting Competitiveness of SMEs
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 12 Illegal Immigrants After Car Pursuit in Burgas
- » Bulgarian IntMin: Increase in Refugee Wave Could be Expected Next Summer
- » PM Calls on US to Follow Bulgaria's Example of Fiscal Discipline