Fire Burned in A Skyscraper Under Construction in Sofia
A fire broke out in a highrise building under construction in downtown Sofia shortly after midnight on Tuesday.
According to witnesses, the flames engulfed the two uppermost floors of the 32-floor building and the surrounding area was covered in ash and debris.
The fire brigade says the fire consumed wooden scaffolding, which was put out before the flames spread further down. The cause of the fire is yet unclear.
No one was injured.
- » Death Toll in Italian Earthquake Rises to 247
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Fire on One of Plovdiv's Historic Hills
- » Death Toll from Italian Earthquake Reaches 38
- » Earthquake of 6.2 Magnitude Shakes Central Italy, at least Five Dead
- » Forest Fires near Bulgaria's Harmanli Now Under Control