Fire Burned in A Skyscraper Under Construction in Sofia
A fire broke out in a highrise building under construction in downtown Sofia shortly after midnight on Tuesday.
According to witnesses, the flames engulfed the two uppermost floors of the 32-floor building and the surrounding area was covered in ash and debris.
The fire brigade says the fire consumed wooden scaffolding, which was put out before the flames spread further down. The cause of the fire is yet unclear.
No one was injured.
- » Bulgaria to See Increase in Asylum Seekers – Expert
- » Bulgarian Govt to Allocate BGN 16M for Natural Disaster Recovery
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » Fatal Elevator Collapse in Sofia Attributed to Poor-Quality Repairs
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Interim FM Warns of Risk of Refugee Influx Due to Conflict in Iraq