Michael Schumacher Showing 'Signs of Progress'
Michael Schumacher is "showing small signs of progress" said his agent Sabine Kehm in an interview for the German channel ARB on Sunday evening.
Kehm issued a statement on April 4 stating that Schumacher was showing "moments of consciousness and awakening", which had been the first news from his family in over a month.
The seven-time Formula One champion smashed his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps resort of Meribel on December 29. Since then he's been in medically induced coma.
"There are short moments of consciousness and he is showing small signs of progress," Kehm said. "There are moments when he is awake and moments when he is conscious, which make us happy and give us great courage.
"Of course I am not a doctor, but medically, there is a distinction between being awake and being conscious, the latter meaning there is an ability to interact with his surroundings. I don't want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in their field."
Kehm also said interaction with Schumacher is "on a very limited basis" and that his brain injury means "a medical prognosis is not possible".
- » Gambling in the British Premier League
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam
- » Milan Won 3:0 Against Ludogorets in Razgrad