Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece
Six Bulgarian citizens have been arrested in Greece with 50 kg of heroin, part of an alleged drug traffic channel between Turkey and Greece.
The six Bulgarians were taken into custody in the eastern city of Alexandroupoli, near the border with Turkey, the Bulgarian National Radio reported.
The special operation was planned and conducted by the border authorities and the anti-drug traffic units. Two of the arrested were carrying the heroin on a fishing boat, while 4 more awaited them on land in cars to receive the delivery.
Greek police are questioning the Bulgarians to get more information about the whole drug channel. What is known so far is that the 50 kg of heroin were supposed to be delivered to Athens.
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud