Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece
Six Bulgarian citizens have been arrested in Greece with 50 kg of heroin, part of an alleged drug traffic channel between Turkey and Greece.
The six Bulgarians were taken into custody in the eastern city of Alexandroupoli, near the border with Turkey, the Bulgarian National Radio reported.
The special operation was planned and conducted by the border authorities and the anti-drug traffic units. Two of the arrested were carrying the heroin on a fishing boat, while 4 more awaited them on land in cars to receive the delivery.
Greek police are questioning the Bulgarians to get more information about the whole drug channel. What is known so far is that the 50 kg of heroin were supposed to be delivered to Athens.
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna