Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece
Six Bulgarian citizens have been arrested in Greece with 50 kg of heroin, part of an alleged drug traffic channel between Turkey and Greece.
The six Bulgarians were taken into custody in the eastern city of Alexandroupoli, near the border with Turkey, the Bulgarian National Radio reported.
The special operation was planned and conducted by the border authorities and the anti-drug traffic units. Two of the arrested were carrying the heroin on a fishing boat, while 4 more awaited them on land in cars to receive the delivery.
Greek police are questioning the Bulgarians to get more information about the whole drug channel. What is known so far is that the 50 kg of heroin were supposed to be delivered to Athens.
- » Man Kills Woman with Machete in Reutlingen, Germany
- » Munich Shooting: Lone Gunman Planned Attack for One Year
- » Bulgarian Woman Suffers Broken Arm during Friday’s Munich Shooting
- » Munich Shooting: Gunman Had no Known Links to Islamic State, Police Say
- » Ten Die in Munich Shooting Including Lone Gunman
- » German Police Launches Massive Manhunt for Munich Shooting Attackers