Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece
Six Bulgarian citizens have been arrested in Greece with 50 kg of heroin, part of an alleged drug traffic channel between Turkey and Greece.
The six Bulgarians were taken into custody in the eastern city of Alexandroupoli, near the border with Turkey, the Bulgarian National Radio reported.
The special operation was planned and conducted by the border authorities and the anti-drug traffic units. Two of the arrested were carrying the heroin on a fishing boat, while 4 more awaited them on land in cars to receive the delivery.
Greek police are questioning the Bulgarians to get more information about the whole drug channel. What is known so far is that the 50 kg of heroin were supposed to be delivered to Athens.
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora
- » General Accused of Malfeasance, Ordered Subordinates to Renovate Dwelling
- » Sofia Court Rules Bailout Punishment for Judge Rumyana Chenalova
- » Sofia Court Acquits Sole Defendant in 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Bulgaria to Set up Anti-Smugglling Coordination Center