Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece
Six Bulgarian citizens have been arrested in Greece with 50 kg of heroin, part of an alleged drug traffic channel between Turkey and Greece.
The six Bulgarians were taken into custody in the eastern city of Alexandroupoli, near the border with Turkey, the Bulgarian National Radio reported.
The special operation was planned and conducted by the border authorities and the anti-drug traffic units. Two of the arrested were carrying the heroin on a fishing boat, while 4 more awaited them on land in cars to receive the delivery.
Greek police are questioning the Bulgarians to get more information about the whole drug channel. What is known so far is that the 50 kg of heroin were supposed to be delivered to Athens.
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Crime Group Making Fake Passports for Migrants
- » Bomb Threats Close All Banks in Bulgaria's Razgrad
- » Embezzelement Trial against Bulgarian Consultancy Head Suspended
- » Man Who Joked about Bomb on Polish Plane Released on Bail
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Arrest of Polish Man over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
- » EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence