Sofia Airport Sees Passenger Volume Increase of 7.3% in Q1 2014
Sofia Airport has processed a total of 833,278 passengers in Q1 2014, which is a 7.3% increase compared to the same period of 2013.
There was a 9% increase in the number of passengers using international regular flights, a total of 748,143 people, according to a media statement of the airport.
Bulgaria Air reported a 18% growth in passenger volume, while international airlines saw a 6% increase in numbers of passengers. The top performers are Wizz Air, easyJet, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, Air Berlin. Qatar Airways, Alitalia, LOT Polish Airlines, El Al, Olympic Air and Tarom also reported increase in numbers of processed passengers.
Sofia Airport reported a decline in charter flights with 6,700 passengers to 51,589. Domestic flights were used by a total of 27,282 people - 1,600 less than last year's data.
The increase of outbound and inbound flights is 2.7 % and reaches 9428, mainly at the expense of regular international lines. Bulgaria Air reported a 12% growth, while foreign airlines - an average of 8 %.
In other flight segments - charter, domestic, cargo, business aviation, there is a decrease compared to Q1 2013.
- » Sofia Plans to Require More Information From Brussels About Gazprom Case
- » International Monetary Fund Increases Expectaions on Bulgarian Economy
- » Over 1,000 Cruise Passengers Arrive at Burgas Port
- » The Fifth Block of Kozloduy NPP Is Stopped Because of Planned Modernization
- » How Manufacturing is Transforming the Vape Experience
- » The Rise of Online Education: How Does It Affect the Market?