Missing Daughter of Businessman from Bulgaria's Pomorie Found Dead
The eight-year-old daughter of Pomorie-based Bulgarian businessman, Veselin Todorov, who has gone missing on Thursday, was found dead.
According to Interior Ministry reports, the child was a victim of a murder and the authorities have detained a woman with the initials A.G..
Alexandra, a third-grader at the Ivan Vazov elementary school, has gone missing after classes on Thursday.
Her father, Veselin Todorov was born in Pomorie. His business is related to sales of properties on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. He was also owner of a pawnshop. In 2010 he was arrested for usury together with a number of his allies, including his son, Metodi. Apart from charging sky-high interest rates, the gang had a practice of abducting their victims and subjecting them to torture.
The investigation is still ongoing.
- » Two Ex Court Chairs, 6 Others Charged over Irregularities in EU-Funded Project
- » Russian Consulate in Bulgaria to Assist in 'Suitcase Murder' Probe
- » Bulgarian Police Arrest 13 Customs Officers
- » Seven Arrested in Bulgaria’s Pazardzhik, Plovdiv for Preaching Radical Islam on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Living in US Detained over Death Threats on EU Officials
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail