Volen Siderov Heads Bulgaria's Ataka EU Elections List
Volen Siderov, Bulgarian ultra-nationalist Ataka's leader, said Friday he is heading the party's list for the European Elections on May 25.
In an interview for Bulgarian Darik Radio, he said that confidence in the current government (which some suggest Ataka has helped to survive with silent support) is wearing thin and asserted his political party would call on the ruling cabinet to take steps which are in benefit to the people.
Siderov also declared that it was up to Ataka whether or not early elections will be held.
The opposition tends to blame the ultra-nationalists for being the keymakers in the current government, saying they ascribed legitimacy to it by participating in the plenary sessions and ensuring quorum in Parliament.
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President
- » New European Parliament to Hold Opening Session
- » EU Leaders Back Jean-Claude Juncker as EU Commission President