Plovdiv Court Suspends Muslim Property Case
Bulgaria's Plovdiv regional court suspended a case involving the claim of the Chief Mufti's Office on four waqf properties in the city.
According to Bulgaria's public radio BNR, the court granted a request of Krasimir Ruev, lawyer of the Mufti's Office, to temporary suspend the case for the duration of the court dispute on the same properties with the Sunni Muslims organization.
Also on Friday, the Plovdiv appellate court stopped the proceedings on another property claim – on Eski mosque in Stara Zagora, after a similar request by Ruev.
According to BNR, unlike on previous court hearings, this time the situation in front of the court house, which was heavily guarded by police, was quiet.
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » Youth Unemployment in Bulgaria Drops to 17.7% in 2014
- » Bulgarian Air Force Pilatus PC-12 Safely Lands on Belly, No Injuries Reported