Sofia Airport Metro Link to be Complete in a Year
The metro connection to Sofia Airport Terminal 2 will be ready in a year, the mayor Yordanka Fandakova revealed.
Construction work is going according to plan, with 60% of the segment running under Blvd. Tsarigradsko Shose already completed. The new section of the metro will allow further 98,000 citizens to have access in their area, Fandakova pointed out.
The Sofia Mayor met with her Bucharest counterpart Sorin Oprescu on Friday. The Romanian delegation is visiting Sofia to exchange experiences in the spheres of transportation, healthcare, education, and culture.
Sofia currently has 2 metro lines, which according to Fandakova are the brightest examples of successful utilization of EU funds.
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » SpaceX delays Bulgaria Satellite Again, Plans 'Doubleheader'