Sofia Airport Metro Link to be Complete in a Year
The metro connection to Sofia Airport Terminal 2 will be ready in a year, the mayor Yordanka Fandakova revealed.
Construction work is going according to plan, with 60% of the segment running under Blvd. Tsarigradsko Shose already completed. The new section of the metro will allow further 98,000 citizens to have access in their area, Fandakova pointed out.
The Sofia Mayor met with her Bucharest counterpart Sorin Oprescu on Friday. The Romanian delegation is visiting Sofia to exchange experiences in the spheres of transportation, healthcare, education, and culture.
Sofia currently has 2 metro lines, which according to Fandakova are the brightest examples of successful utilization of EU funds.
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Burgas, Gabrovo, Smolyan
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains