Sofia Airport Metro Link to be Complete in a Year
The metro connection to Sofia Airport Terminal 2 will be ready in a year, the mayor Yordanka Fandakova revealed.
Construction work is going according to plan, with 60% of the segment running under Blvd. Tsarigradsko Shose already completed. The new section of the metro will allow further 98,000 citizens to have access in their area, Fandakova pointed out.
The Sofia Mayor met with her Bucharest counterpart Sorin Oprescu on Friday. The Romanian delegation is visiting Sofia to exchange experiences in the spheres of transportation, healthcare, education, and culture.
Sofia currently has 2 metro lines, which according to Fandakova are the brightest examples of successful utilization of EU funds.
- » Robbie Williams to Hold First Ever Beach Concert in Burgas
- » BGN 1,000 Fines Proposed for Trash Roamers
- » Bulgaria, Italy to Cooperate in Countering Traffic of Cultural Property
- » Maximum Temperatures in Bulgaria Reaching 37° C
- » Roma People in Garmen Refuse Social Assistance
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris