EC Approves Application Form for Western Arc of Sofia Ringroad
The European Commission officially approved the application form for the project for the western arc of the Sofia ringroad, according to Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov.
Kirov, as cited by the press office of the Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications, explained that the project would use EU funding of BGN 44.8 M from the Cohesion Fund through operational program Transport.
The western arc of the Sofia ringroad is around 8.5km long, according to dnevnik.bg.
The project starts at the existing intersection of the Sofia ring road with the Lyulin highway and ends at the future junction with the north speed tangent of the Sofia ringroad and the Sofia-Kalotina highway.
The main part of the new road is to have three lanes in each direction.
The site has been subdivided into two sections, the first one already 40% completed and due in July.
- » Bulgarians 'Most Detached from EU' - Eurobarometer
- » Bulgaria's New MEPs to Stress Refugee Issues, Eurozone Accession
- » Bulgarian DPS Party Supports Georgieva's EU Foreign Policy Chief Bid
- » EIB to Assist Bulgarian Railway Infrastructure Co in Tariff Formation
- » EC Approves Bulgaria's Public Procurement Strategy 2014-2020
- » EU Regional Policy Commissioner: Bulgaria to Sign PA with EC Very Soon