EC Approves Application Form for Western Arc of Sofia Ringroad
The European Commission officially approved the application form for the project for the western arc of the Sofia ringroad, according to Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov.
Kirov, as cited by the press office of the Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications, explained that the project would use EU funding of BGN 44.8 M from the Cohesion Fund through operational program Transport.
The western arc of the Sofia ringroad is around 8.5km long, according to dnevnik.bg.
The project starts at the existing intersection of the Sofia ring road with the Lyulin highway and ends at the future junction with the north speed tangent of the Sofia ringroad and the Sofia-Kalotina highway.
The main part of the new road is to have three lanes in each direction.
The site has been subdivided into two sections, the first one already 40% completed and due in July.
- » Bulgaria to Participate in EU Operation on Tackling Human Traffickers in Mediterranean
- » Council of Europe anti-torture Committee Head Condemns Bulgaria’s Failure to Report Police Brutality Cases
- » EU to Allocate EUR 25 M to Bulgaria, Turkey for Cross-Border Cooperation
- » EU Allocates EUR 6.3 M to Bulgaria for Recovery after Severe Winter
- » PM Borisov Highlights Bulgaria’s Contribution to EU Security in Talks with Mogherini
- » EU Foreign Policy Chief Mogherini To Meet with Bulgaria’s PM, President in Sofia