EC Approves Application Form for Western Arc of Sofia Ringroad
The European Commission officially approved the application form for the project for the western arc of the Sofia ringroad, according to Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov.
Kirov, as cited by the press office of the Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications, explained that the project would use EU funding of BGN 44.8 M from the Cohesion Fund through operational program Transport.
The western arc of the Sofia ringroad is around 8.5km long, according to dnevnik.bg.
The project starts at the existing intersection of the Sofia ring road with the Lyulin highway and ends at the future junction with the north speed tangent of the Sofia ringroad and the Sofia-Kalotina highway.
The main part of the new road is to have three lanes in each direction.
The site has been subdivided into two sections, the first one already 40% completed and due in July.
- » President Radev to Participate in Ceremony Marking 60th Anniversary of the Treaties of Rome
- » Donald Tusk To Visit Bulgaria in April
- » Bulgaria's Govt Approves Position for EU Summit Meeting in Rome
- » EP Adopts Resolution on Bulgarians in Albania
- » Expenses for Bulgaria's EU Presidency To Exceed BGN 50 M for 2017
- » EU To Send Experts to Sofia To Help With Presidency Organisation