EC Approves Application Form for Western Arc of Sofia Ringroad
The European Commission officially approved the application form for the project for the western arc of the Sofia ringroad, according to Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov.
Kirov, as cited by the press office of the Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications, explained that the project would use EU funding of BGN 44.8 M from the Cohesion Fund through operational program Transport.
The western arc of the Sofia ringroad is around 8.5km long, according to dnevnik.bg.
The project starts at the existing intersection of the Sofia ring road with the Lyulin highway and ends at the future junction with the north speed tangent of the Sofia ringroad and the Sofia-Kalotina highway.
The main part of the new road is to have three lanes in each direction.
The site has been subdivided into two sections, the first one already 40% completed and due in July.
- » ''Information Services'' Will Develop the Website of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » The Brussels Report on Bulgaria will be Released in November
- » By December 20 Bulgaria Will Have Exact Program of Its Presidency of the Council of EU
- » 250 000 BGN Will Cost the Office Equipment for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of EU
- » Netherlands is also Against Bulgaria Entering Schengen
- » The German Interior Minister is Skeptical About Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen