EC Approves Application Form for Western Arc of Sofia Ringroad
The European Commission officially approved the application form for the project for the western arc of the Sofia ringroad, according to Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov.
Kirov, as cited by the press office of the Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications, explained that the project would use EU funding of BGN 44.8 M from the Cohesion Fund through operational program Transport.
The western arc of the Sofia ringroad is around 8.5km long, according to dnevnik.bg.
The project starts at the existing intersection of the Sofia ring road with the Lyulin highway and ends at the future junction with the north speed tangent of the Sofia ringroad and the Sofia-Kalotina highway.
The main part of the new road is to have three lanes in each direction.
The site has been subdivided into two sections, the first one already 40% completed and due in July.
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria
- » Maria Gabriel: 'No One in Brussels Knows About the Scandal in Relation to NDK'
- » It is Expected Italy to Confirm its Position About Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen
- » Bulgarian Leaders to Take Place in a Trilateral Summit in Thessaloniki