Bulgaria's Social Housing Fund to Be Open to Employed Persons Only
Bulgarian Investment Planning Minister Ivan Danov has said that the parameters of the concept paper on establishing a social housing fund are still unclear.
Speaking Friday in Parliament, Danov commented on the social housing fund scheme in response to a question of Iliyan Todorov, MP from nationalist party Ataka.
Danov, as cited by dnevnik.bg, explained that the number of housing units and the number of people they would accommodate was still being calculated, as well as the ownership of the terrains and the amount of funding.
Bulgaria's Investment Planning Minister noted that the housing units would be given not only to representatives of the minorities but to all socially underprivileged people who had jobs and were capable of paying rent and taking care of their homes.
He informed that industrial zones would be built in the place of Roma ghettos so as to provide employment opportunities for persons from the minorities.
"We offer comprehensive long-term solutions and steps to create the conditions for making a living," Danov boasted.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Leader Heads to Moscow for Ruling Party Congress
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Calls for EU In/Out Referendum after Brexit
- » Bulgaria's Rivaling Socialist Parties to Attend United Russia Congress
- » Increase of Teachers' Salaries Can be Discussed in Autumn – Bulgarian PM
- » Bulgaria Moves to Punish Preaching of Radical Islam by Imprisonment
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Opposition Demands Resignation of Interior Minister