Bulgaria's Social Housing Fund to Be Open to Employed Persons Only
Bulgarian Investment Planning Minister Ivan Danov has said that the parameters of the concept paper on establishing a social housing fund are still unclear.
Speaking Friday in Parliament, Danov commented on the social housing fund scheme in response to a question of Iliyan Todorov, MP from nationalist party Ataka.
Danov, as cited by dnevnik.bg, explained that the number of housing units and the number of people they would accommodate was still being calculated, as well as the ownership of the terrains and the amount of funding.
Bulgaria's Investment Planning Minister noted that the housing units would be given not only to representatives of the minorities but to all socially underprivileged people who had jobs and were capable of paying rent and taking care of their homes.
He informed that industrial zones would be built in the place of Roma ghettos so as to provide employment opportunities for persons from the minorities.
"We offer comprehensive long-term solutions and steps to create the conditions for making a living," Danov boasted.
- » Surprising Checks in Stores about Christmas Decorations and Fireworks
- » Gallup: 79% of Bulgarians do not Want Early Elections
- » Prison Officers from Plovdiv Hold Protest
- » Bulgaria’s Jan-Oct New Light Commercial Vehicle Registrations Rise
- » Strasbourg Court Decided on EUR 462,000 for the Blue House in Plovdiv
- » Over BGN 20mln Have Been Invested in Increasing Road Safety Over the Past Year