Bulgarian Employers Owe BGN 16 M To Their Workers
Since the beginning of 2014 the Bulgarian employers owe to their workers BGN 16 M said the head of the Labor Inspectorate Rumyana Mihailova, quoted by Standart daily.
The total sum, including previous years, has reached BGN 98 M.
The majority of salaries are owed in the sectors of retail, restaurants, land transport and construction.
Compared to Q1 2013, however, the sum has decreased.
Mihailova said that the number of violations of the labor legislation regarding unpaid salaries has also dropped. In 2013 there were 973 such cases, while an year earlier they were 1320.
According to her, the main reasons for the improvement were the economic improvement in the second half of 2013 and the increased number of check-ups by the labor inspectors across the country.
- » Bulgaria Leads in Early Bookings for Summer 2016 at TUI Russia
- » Bulgarian Consumer Confidence Increases - NSI
- » Bulgaria Warns of 18 Unlicensed Investment Intermediaries
- » Two Bulgarian Resorts Rank Among Ten Cheapest Destinations for Russian Tourists
- » Bulgaria's ISP Sector 'Generally Clean'
- » Bulgarian MPs Reject Proposal to Renew Construction of South Stream