Bulgarian Employers Owe BGN 16 M To Their Workers
Since the beginning of 2014 the Bulgarian employers owe to their workers BGN 16 M said the head of the Labor Inspectorate Rumyana Mihailova, quoted by Standart daily.
The total sum, including previous years, has reached BGN 98 M.
The majority of salaries are owed in the sectors of retail, restaurants, land transport and construction.
Compared to Q1 2013, however, the sum has decreased.
Mihailova said that the number of violations of the labor legislation regarding unpaid salaries has also dropped. In 2013 there were 973 such cases, while an year earlier they were 1320.
According to her, the main reasons for the improvement were the economic improvement in the second half of 2013 and the increased number of check-ups by the labor inspectors across the country.
- » Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog to Go On with Power Price Hike
- » Reuters: Europeans Switching to Destinations in Spain, Bulgaria Following Tunisia Terrorist Attacks
- » Turnover at Greek Referendum Likely to Exceed 40% Threshold
- » Greece Will Need Another Currency if ‘No’ Vote Prevails in Referendum – Martin Schulz
- » Moody’s Downgrades DSK and Raiffeisen Banks
- » Bulgarian Village Lozen Suffers Unannounced Electricity Disruptions