Bulgarian Employers Owe BGN 16 M To Their Workers
Since the beginning of 2014 the Bulgarian employers owe to their workers BGN 16 M said the head of the Labor Inspectorate Rumyana Mihailova, quoted by Standart daily.
The total sum, including previous years, has reached BGN 98 M.
The majority of salaries are owed in the sectors of retail, restaurants, land transport and construction.
Compared to Q1 2013, however, the sum has decreased.
Mihailova said that the number of violations of the labor legislation regarding unpaid salaries has also dropped. In 2013 there were 973 such cases, while an year earlier they were 1320.
According to her, the main reasons for the improvement were the economic improvement in the second half of 2013 and the increased number of check-ups by the labor inspectors across the country.
- » Over EUR 335 Million is the Export of Bulgarian Furniture in 2017
- » Bulgaria will Cooperate with Saudi Arabia in Agriculture
- » Google Overhauls Gmail to Lure Businesses Away from Microsoft
- » Forecast: Half a Million Professionals from Third-countries will Come to Bulgaria
- » Old Buildings in the Center of Plovdiv Will be Renewed with European Funds
- » Northern Europe is Increasingly Relying on Wind Power