Bulgarian Employers Owe BGN 16 M To Their Workers
Since the beginning of 2014 the Bulgarian employers owe to their workers BGN 16 M said the head of the Labor Inspectorate Rumyana Mihailova, quoted by Standart daily.
The total sum, including previous years, has reached BGN 98 M.
The majority of salaries are owed in the sectors of retail, restaurants, land transport and construction.
Compared to Q1 2013, however, the sum has decreased.
Mihailova said that the number of violations of the labor legislation regarding unpaid salaries has also dropped. In 2013 there were 973 such cases, while an year earlier they were 1320.
According to her, the main reasons for the improvement were the economic improvement in the second half of 2013 and the increased number of check-ups by the labor inspectors across the country.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 1.6% Y/Y in March
- » YouTube Launches Partner Programme in Bulgaria
- » Increased Number of Bulgarians Vacate Locally
- » Bulgaria’s Economy Minister Expects Substantial Investments from German, US Companies in 2015
- » 'Bulgaria's Lavish Red-Carpet Welcome to Iran's Gas'
- » Wizz Air Launching Flights to New European Destinations Earlier