Plevneliev, Democrats to Discuss Extraordinary Situation in Bulgaria
Leaders of Bulgarian Reformist Bloc, a coalition of democrats, will meet with President Rosen Plevneliev to discuss the extraordinary situation the country is facing.
The meeting will include discussions of the risks to national interests, threats to Bulgaria’s EU membership and the suspension of European funds , as well as the opportunity to obtain lower gas prices through membership in a European common energy bloc, Dnevnik reports.
The meeting with President Plevneliev is the first in a series of political consultations by the Reformist bloc who requested to meet with the Bugarian Socialist Party (BSP), Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) and the opposition GERB, as well.
The goal of the political consultations is to protect Bulgaria’s national interest and to work for the country’s European future, Dnevnik ifnroms.
- » Bulgaria's President to Ask DPS to Form New Cabinet 'Wednesday'
- » Bulgaria's DPS 'Might Keep Gov't Mandate' - Socialist Group Chair
- » Mikov’s Election to Cement Status Quo at BSP - Analysts
- » Former President's Party 'Ready for Talks' with BSP
- » Bulgaria's President to Give Gov't Mandate to Third-Largest Party
- » Bulgarian Socialists OK Stanishev’s Bid for 2 Term as PES President