Daughter of Alleged Usurer in Bulgaria's Pomorie Feared Abducted
The young daughter of a Pomorie-based Bulgarian businessman, Veselin Todorov, has gone missing and is feared to have been abducted.
Alexandra, a third-grader at the Ivan Vazov elementary school, did not return home after classes on Thursday, according to reports of the Interior Ministry.
Todorov was born in Pomorie. His business is related to sales of properties on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. He was also owner of a pawnshop. In 2010 he was arrested for usury together with a number of his allies, including his son, Metodi. Apart from charging sky-high interest rates, the gang had a practice of abducting their victims and subjecting them to torture.
Police in Burgas declined to comment on the matter but confirmed the fact that the girl had gone missing. They did not explicitly uphold the allegations of abduction, according to Darik radio.
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq
- » Bulgaria’s Border Police Breakes Up Criminal Group Manufacturing Counterfeit Identification Documents
- » Airports and Nuclear Power Stations on Terror Alert