Daughter of Alleged Usurer in Bulgaria's Pomorie Feared Abducted
The young daughter of a Pomorie-based Bulgarian businessman, Veselin Todorov, has gone missing and is feared to have been abducted.
Alexandra, a third-grader at the Ivan Vazov elementary school, did not return home after classes on Thursday, according to reports of the Interior Ministry.
Todorov was born in Pomorie. His business is related to sales of properties on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. He was also owner of a pawnshop. In 2010 he was arrested for usury together with a number of his allies, including his son, Metodi. Apart from charging sky-high interest rates, the gang had a practice of abducting their victims and subjecting them to torture.
Police in Burgas declined to comment on the matter but confirmed the fact that the girl had gone missing. They did not explicitly uphold the allegations of abduction, according to Darik radio.
- » Father of Bulgarian Girl who Disappeared in Greece Admits to Her Murder
- » Missing 4-year-old Bulgarian Girl Was Killed by Her Father – Greek Police
- » US Blacklists Two 2012 Bulgaria Bombing Suspects
- » Bulgaria Midwife Who Wounded Baby Remains in Custody
- » Ex Road Infrastructure Fund Head Fully Acquitted by Sofia City Court
- » Bulgaria ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker's Undeclared Money Estimated at BGN 7 M