Daughter of Alleged Usurer in Bulgaria's Pomorie Feared Abducted
The young daughter of a Pomorie-based Bulgarian businessman, Veselin Todorov, has gone missing and is feared to have been abducted.
Alexandra, a third-grader at the Ivan Vazov elementary school, did not return home after classes on Thursday, according to reports of the Interior Ministry.
Todorov was born in Pomorie. His business is related to sales of properties on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. He was also owner of a pawnshop. In 2010 he was arrested for usury together with a number of his allies, including his son, Metodi. Apart from charging sky-high interest rates, the gang had a practice of abducting their victims and subjecting them to torture.
Police in Burgas declined to comment on the matter but confirmed the fact that the girl had gone missing. They did not explicitly uphold the allegations of abduction, according to Darik radio.
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgaria Reveals Names of Suspected Attackers of Alexei Petrov
- » Crime Rate in Bulgaria Decreased by 4.5 % in 2015 - Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Captain 'Found Dead' near Vienna
- » Bulgaria Police Arrest Alleged Mastermind of Attack on Ex-Security Agent