Russia Warns Its Citizens to Avoid Foreign Travel
Russian foreign ministry recommended to its citizens to avoid travelling to countries who have agreements with USA for apprehension and extradition of citizens of third countries.
The warning was prompted by the international sanctions imposed on Russian officials, businesspeople and media directors, because of the annexation of Crimea.
Russia's foreign ministry claims that the danger of arrests of Russian citizens abroad, upon US request, has increased considerably in recent times.
“Considering the current situation, we highly recommend the Russian citizens to avoid travelling to countries who have an extradition agreement with the USA, if you suspect that the US law enforcement agencies can press any kind of charges against you,” says the ministry statement.
The list of countries who have an agreement with the US is long and includes Bulgaria, which has such an agreement since 1924.
Bulgaria is also in the top 10 tourist destinations for Russians, according to a list of the Rosturizm federal tourist agency. Turkey, Greece, Spain, Egypt, Cyprus, Thailand, Tunisia and Italy, who are also on the list, have the same agreement with the US.
- » Leader of BSP will Meet Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev
- » Macedonian MPs Are Visiting Bulgaria
- » Head of State: Israel Would be Interested in Investing in High Technology
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Congratulated Vladimir Putin on His Re-election
- » Finance Ministers of the G20 Countries Met in Buenos Aires
- » President Radev will go on an Official Visit to Israel