LukoilBulgaria CEO Elected Bulgarian Petroleum&Gas Association Chair
The Management Board of the Bulgarian Petroleum and Gas Association (BPGA) elected Valentin Zlatev, CEO of fuel retailer Lukoil Bulgaria EOOD, as its Chair.
Zlatev was elected BPGA Chair at a regular meeting of the Management Board of the BPGA on April 8.
According to the articles of association of the BPGA, the BPGA Chair is elected for a period of up to two years on a rotational basis.
The previous Chair of the BPGA, Andrey Delchev, remains its Executive Director.
The new BPGA Chair, Valentin Zlatev, is an expert in international law. He holds a PhD in political sciences and is alumni of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations.
His entire professional career is related to petroleum.
He has worked in the biggest Russian oil companies, Rosneft and Lukoil, and has been CEO of Lukoil Bulgaria EOOD since its establishment.
He is the author of a book titled "Oil, gas and geopolitics", as well as a series of publications in the sphere of geopolitics.
He has been awarded the Doctor Honoris Causa title of the City University of Seattle.
- » Bulgaria Pays Off Belene Nuclear Plant Debt
- » Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania 'Can Be Centers of Excellence for Nuclear Decommissioning'
- » Three Companies Interested in Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Confident about Belene Privatization
- » China 'Interested in Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant'
- » EU Energy Ministers Seeking New Rules on Gas Supplies