Technopolis Owner Acquires Bulgaria's Praktiker Branches
Videolux Holding was given on Thursday go-aheadto pursue with the acquisition of German DIY chain Praktiker in Bulgaria.
The deal, which had been pending approval by Bulgaria's Competition Protection Commission since February 27, was added into the watchdog's registry, the website Money.bg reported.
A preliminary sale and purchase agreement was signed in end-February regarding the nine Bulgarian-based branches of Praktiker, which slid into insolvency during the second half of 2013 and announced it was selling its assets.
Videolux Holding also owns the Technopolis retail chain of consumer electronics, which has 31 branches and 1800 employees in the country.
Videolux announced it will not make significant changes to Praktiker's business in Bulgaria, after it declared back in February it would preserve its concept and brand.
Earlier Praktier sold its units in Romania and Ukraine, as well as in Luxembourg.
- » Bulgaria's Energoremont Signs Equipment Rehab Deal with Mini Maritsa Iztok
- » Minimum Retirement Pension Up To BGN 180
- » The Total Business Climate Indicator in Bulgaria Decreases by 0.7% for June 2017
- » Apha Research: Most of the Bulgarians Get News on Websites and Social Media Networks
- » Regional Health Inspection: Sea Water on all Beaches in Varna is Clean
- » Gas Price Will Rise by 2% as of 1st of July