US Will Back Any Freely Elected Ukrainian President, Says Ambassador
The United States will support any freely elected candidate following Ukraine's Presidential Elections on May 25.
The statement came from the US Ambassador to Kiev, Geoffrey Pyatt.
"We support the candidate chosen by the Ukrainian people through a free and fair election", Ambassador Pyatt was quoted by Interfax agency, adding that these will be "the most important elections in the history of independent Ukraine".
The US diplomat stressed the importance of a wide and representative team of international observers to monitor the vote.
- » Bulgaria’s President Starts 2-Day Visit to Ukraine on Tuesday
- » Bulgaria FM Visiting Ukraine's Odessa
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls for Cooperation on the Balkans
- » Bulgarian President, FM Condemn Terrorist Attacks in France, Tunisia, Kuwait
- » Bulgaria Could Rely on British Support for Consolidating Regional Energy Security
- » Bulgaria PM to Meet David Cameron in Brussels