US Will Back Any Freely Elected Ukrainian President, Says Ambassador
The United States will support any freely elected candidate following Ukraine's Presidential Elections on May 25.
The statement came from the US Ambassador to Kiev, Geoffrey Pyatt.
"We support the candidate chosen by the Ukrainian people through a free and fair election", Ambassador Pyatt was quoted by Interfax agency, adding that these will be "the most important elections in the history of independent Ukraine".
The US diplomat stressed the importance of a wide and representative team of international observers to monitor the vote.
- » “We Need More UN’’, Bulgaria’s Irina Bokova Tells RFI
- » Anatoly Makarov Appointed as Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » UN to Hold Next Straw Poll for Top Job on August 29
- » Turkey Offers Bulgaria Bilateral Mechanism on Migration
- » Bulgaria Hands Over Alleged Gulen Supporter to Turkey
- » Bulgaria’s Irina Bokova Drops to 5th Spot in Second Vote for UN Chief