US Will Back Any Freely Elected Ukrainian President, Says Ambassador
The United States will support any freely elected candidate following Ukraine's Presidential Elections on May 25.
The statement came from the US Ambassador to Kiev, Geoffrey Pyatt.
"We support the candidate chosen by the Ukrainian people through a free and fair election", Ambassador Pyatt was quoted by Interfax agency, adding that these will be "the most important elections in the history of independent Ukraine".
The US diplomat stressed the importance of a wide and representative team of international observers to monitor the vote.
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Sweden's Top Diplomat Complained of Sexual Harassment
- » Bulgarian President: 'We Should Not Allow a Double Standard in the Accession of the Member States to the Schengen Area'
- » Erdogan is in Warsaw on a First Visit to an EU Country after a Coup Attempt
- » Bulgaria and Russia to Cooperate in the Field of Culture