US Will Back Any Freely Elected Ukrainian President, Says Ambassador
The United States will support any freely elected candidate following Ukraine's Presidential Elections on May 25.
The statement came from the US Ambassador to Kiev, Geoffrey Pyatt.
"We support the candidate chosen by the Ukrainian people through a free and fair election", Ambassador Pyatt was quoted by Interfax agency, adding that these will be "the most important elections in the history of independent Ukraine".
The US diplomat stressed the importance of a wide and representative team of international observers to monitor the vote.
- » Ex-Foreign Min Warns against Bulgaria's Harsh Tone on Russia
- » Bulgaria's Neynski 'In Talks over Turkey Mission'
- » Foreign Ministry Has No Info about Bulgarian Officials Being Denied US Visas
- » Bulgaria Rejects Russian Allegations of Macedonia’s Partitioning
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Approves Cooperation Agreement with Azerbaijan
- » Local Authorities in SE Europe Meeting in Bulgaria's Plovdiv