US Will Back Any Freely Elected Ukrainian President, Says Ambassador
The United States will support any freely elected candidate following Ukraine's Presidential Elections on May 25.
The statement came from the US Ambassador to Kiev, Geoffrey Pyatt.
"We support the candidate chosen by the Ukrainian people through a free and fair election", Ambassador Pyatt was quoted by Interfax agency, adding that these will be "the most important elections in the history of independent Ukraine".
The US diplomat stressed the importance of a wide and representative team of international observers to monitor the vote.
- » Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia Establish Craiova Group for Cooperation
- » Bulgarian President Calls on Balkans to Guarantee Stability of Investors
- » President Plevneliev Vows Bulgaria Will Assist BiH on Road to EU
- » President: Bulgaria's KFOR Troops 'Making History' in Kosovo
- » US Expresses Support for Bulgarian Constitution Amendments
- » Bulgaria’s President to Visit Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina on April 21-23