Winter Makes Partial Comeback in Bulgaria
Winter has partially returned to some parts of Bulgaria, with snowfall in regions of higher altitude.
Low temperatures in most of the country varied between 3-8 degrees Celsius on Thursday morning. Along some parts of the Trakia Highway, rain turned to snow, Vesti.bg reports. Drivers are advised to be cautious as roads are slippery, while many cars have already switched to summer tires.
Snow continues to fall in the mountainous regions around Plovdiv and could reach parts of western Bulgaria later on. Five centimeters of snow fell on Pamporovo, a ski resort in the Rhodope Mountains.
In northern and northwestern Bulgaria, strong winds will blow throughout the day.
It will remain slightly colder than average on Friday, but with less precipitation. On the weekend, temperatures are predicted to rise once again.
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Heavy Rains, Thunderstorms Expected in Western Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Issues Rain, Thunderstorm Warning
- » Divers Get 1 T of Waste Out of Waters Near St Anastasia Island
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Northwest Due to Overflowing Dams