Bulgarian Hotel and Restaurant Owners Worried by Shortage of Staff
The Bulgarian hotel and restaurant owners at the coast are worried by the shortage of staff this summer, reports Focus agency.
According to Dimitar Dimitrov, chairperson of the Association of hotel and restaurant owners in the northeastern region, this year there is serious shortage of staff for all positions – from dishwashers to qualified personnel.
Dimitrov said that last year the sector raised the salaries of the staff and this year could raise them again, if, of course, the proceeds allow it.
The current average salary for a restaurant cook is BGN 7-800 and for a waiter - BGN 400.
Meanwhile, the National Statistics Institute (NSI) reported that in February 2014 there were a total of 1983 hotels, motels, camping sites and chalets, offering 10 beds or more with a total of 108 800 beds. Compared to February 2013, the number of tourist accommodation establishments increased by 3.2% and the number of beds grew by 3.8%.
- » Plovdiv Airport to Receive Chartered Flights from Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Winter Resorts Open Ski Season
- » Ski Legend Girardelli to Advise Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister
- » Bulgaria May Advertise As Tourist Destination In Spain
- » Bulgaria to Ease Visa Issuing for Turkish Tourists During Winter
- » Bulgaria To Create E-Registry of Its Tourist Destinations