Sarafovo Suicide Bobmer Reports 'Wrong', Says Chief Prosecutor
Information regarding the suicide bomber who killed five tourists and the Bulgarian bus driver at Burgas Airport is wrong, Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov said.
Tsatsartov refuted claims that he was Algerian, as media reports earlier suggested, according to Bulgaria's Dariknews.bg.
He said that all other details which have emerged over the last few days are far from reality.
No further information could be disclosed at this stage of the investigation, as "every word might be misinterpreted or misused," Tsatsarov was quoted as saying.
A man whose identity has not yet been officially revealed triggered an explosive device on July 18, 2012, while on a bus leaving Burgas' Sarafovo Airport.
The terrorist attack which left seven (the bomber included) dead was blamed on Hezbollah, but no details have been made public by investigators.
Recent claims suggested that the man who triggered the device was Algerian-born, had lived in Morocco, and had been trained in southern Lebanon.
Security measures at airports, especially at those located on the Black Sea coast, were stepped up after the attack.
- » Bulgaria's Interim PM Appears in Court as Applicant
- » Bulgaria's Customs Agency Seizes 8,000 L of Dyed Fuel
- » Trafficking of 30 Endangered Jaco Parrots Prevented at Bulgarian Border
- » Bulgarians Sentenced in France over Gas Pump Skimming Attempt
- » Police Destroys Almost 10 T Of Cannabis Near Petrich
- » Sofia Court Delays Ruling on Anti-Putin Activist’s Extradition