Armed Robbery At a Sofia Gas Station
An armed robbery took place at a gas station in Sofia on Wednesday night.
According to the police, the assailants were two masked men who threatened the gas station staff and made off with a small sum of money.
Police sources confirmed that one of the robbers was apprehended while trying to leave the crime scene, but refused to divulge any details.
In an interview for Bulgaria's public radio BNR, Interior Ministry chief secretary Svetlozar Lazarov said that there is a 13% drop in household crime since the beginning of 2014.
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24