Armed Robbery At a Sofia Gas Station
An armed robbery took place at a gas station in Sofia on Wednesday night.
According to the police, the assailants were two masked men who threatened the gas station staff and made off with a small sum of money.
Police sources confirmed that one of the robbers was apprehended while trying to leave the crime scene, but refused to divulge any details.
In an interview for Bulgaria's public radio BNR, Interior Ministry chief secretary Svetlozar Lazarov said that there is a 13% drop in household crime since the beginning of 2014.
- » Police in Italy Seize 400kg of Marijuana from Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 46 People Suspected of Human Smuggling
- » “I would hate to see someone else in my situation,” Len Homeniuk tells Globe and Mail
- » Bulgaria to Extradite Suspect in Migrant Truck Deaths to Austria
- » Sofia Court Relaunches Money Laundering Case against Alleged Drug Lord Evelin Banev
- » Trial against Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord to Continue in Sofia