Armed Robbery At a Sofia Gas Station
An armed robbery took place at a gas station in Sofia on Wednesday night.
According to the police, the assailants were two masked men who threatened the gas station staff and made off with a small sum of money.
Police sources confirmed that one of the robbers was apprehended while trying to leave the crime scene, but refused to divulge any details.
In an interview for Bulgaria's public radio BNR, Interior Ministry chief secretary Svetlozar Lazarov said that there is a 13% drop in household crime since the beginning of 2014.
- » Seven Sigma Policemen Arrested in Bulgaria's Capital
- » Putin Opponent Nikolai Kobliakov Detained in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Nat'l Security Agency Seized 130kg of Heroin in H1, 2014
- » Tax Crimes in Bulgaria on the Rise
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group