South Stream Transport Signs Contract for 1st Line of Offshore Section
South Stream Transport signed a contract with Saipem for the construction of the first line of the South Stream Offshore Pipeline and the micro-tunnels for the 4 pipeline strings.
The contracts for the supply of the pipes have already been signed for the first two lines, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR), citing a media statement of the company.
South Stream Transport reiterates that there are no plans to change to the route of the offshore section of the South Stream gas pipeline and no feasibility studies have been conducted for such a move.
The environmental impact assessments (EIA) for the pipeline sections in Russia, Turkey and Bulgaria have been prepared on the basis of the results of these studies and the current route, the company notes, adding that a change cannot be introduced overnight because it is a long and complex process.
- » EUR 12.3 M Gas Transmission Pipeline Opens in NE Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Not Planning to Nationalize AES, ContourGlobal TPPs, Energy Min Says
- » Bulgaria’s Energoremont Holding AD Acquires Majority Stake in Electroimpeks AD
- » China's ICBC Bank Offering Loan to Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » Bulgaria 'Seeking to Become Hub for Russian Gas'
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Dobrich – Silistra Gas Pipeline Issued Final Certificate of Fitness