Tsvetana Pironkova Defeated by Shahar Peer in Katowice
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova lost to Shahar Peer of Israel 2:6, 1:6 in the second round of the BNP Paribas Katowice Open.
Pironkova, seeded 8th in the tournament, played one of her worst matches of the season, losing in 74 minutes to the world number 90. The Bulgarian's serve let her down throughout most of the match, for what was her 5th defeat from 8 matches against the opponent.
Pironkova will take USD 3,310 from the tournament prize pool, as well as 30 points for the world ranking.
Peer, a former world number 11, will play the winner of the all-Italian matchup between Roberta Vinci and Camila Giorgi.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Australian Open's 3rd Round
- » Grigor Dimitrov Makes It Past 1st Round at Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face World's No 231 in 1st Australian Open Game
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Tennis Ranking
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scoops Title at Brisbane International
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Final