Tsvetana Pironkova Defeated by Shahar Peer in Katowice
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova lost to Shahar Peer of Israel 2:6, 1:6 in the second round of the BNP Paribas Katowice Open.
Pironkova, seeded 8th in the tournament, played one of her worst matches of the season, losing in 74 minutes to the world number 90. The Bulgarian's serve let her down throughout most of the match, for what was her 5th defeat from 8 matches against the opponent.
Pironkova will take USD 3,310 from the tournament prize pool, as well as 30 points for the world ranking.
Peer, a former world number 11, will play the winner of the all-Italian matchup between Roberta Vinci and Camila Giorgi.
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam
- » Milan Won 3:0 Against Ludogorets in Razgrad
- » Ludogorets has Prepared a Unique Gift to Milan (Photos)