Tsvetana Pironkova Defeated by Shahar Peer in Katowice
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova lost to Shahar Peer of Israel 2:6, 1:6 in the second round of the BNP Paribas Katowice Open.
Pironkova, seeded 8th in the tournament, played one of her worst matches of the season, losing in 74 minutes to the world number 90. The Bulgarian's serve let her down throughout most of the match, for what was her 5th defeat from 8 matches against the opponent.
Pironkova will take USD 3,310 from the tournament prize pool, as well as 30 points for the world ranking.
Peer, a former world number 11, will play the winner of the all-Italian matchup between Roberta Vinci and Camila Giorgi.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round
- » Bulgaria to Provide BGN 1.1 M for Hosting U-17 Euro in 2015