Tsvetana Pironkova Defeated by Shahar Peer in Katowice
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova lost to Shahar Peer of Israel 2:6, 1:6 in the second round of the BNP Paribas Katowice Open.
Pironkova, seeded 8th in the tournament, played one of her worst matches of the season, losing in 74 minutes to the world number 90. The Bulgarian's serve let her down throughout most of the match, for what was her 5th defeat from 8 matches against the opponent.
Pironkova will take USD 3,310 from the tournament prize pool, as well as 30 points for the world ranking.
Peer, a former world number 11, will play the winner of the all-Italian matchup between Roberta Vinci and Camila Giorgi.
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings