Intelligence Services Thwarted Terror Attacks during Sochi Olympics
Russian and international intelligence services thwarted planned terror attacks during the Sochi Olympics, according to the Director of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB).
Aleksandr Bortnikov, as cited by RIA Novosti, announced that the terror attacks had been prevented thanks to the joint efforts of the FSB and partnering intelligence services from the United States, Austria, France, Germany and Georgia.
He informed that the security of the Sochi Winter Olympics had been guaranteed by a total of 93 representatives of 42 international entities, special services and the law enforcement authorities of 32 countries, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
Bortnikov also made clear that Russia was reviewing its legislation in the sphere in a bid to make the fight against terrorism more successful.
- » The Winner of Eurovision - 2017 is in Hospital, Waiting for a Heart Donor
- » The Authorities in China Completely Blocked WhatsApp
- » More than 2000 People Blocked Abroad due to Canceled Russian Flights, Including to Bulgaria
- » DPRK Stole Missile Technology from South Korean Servers
- » US: The Notion that we Declared War to North Korea is Absurd
- » Russia Denies it Killed Civilians in Air Strikes on Syria's Idlib