Bulgarian Nationalist Leader Charged with Hooliganism
Bulgaria's Prosecution has indicted the leader of nationalist party Ataka, Volen Siderov, over January's incident at the Varna Airport.
Siderov is charged with hooliganism and infliction of minor injuries on a policeman, Dnevnik.bg reports.
On January 6, the nationalist leader was involved in a conflict, which started on an airplane, where he reportedly insulted the French cultural attach?. Later in the shuttle bus at Varna Airport, Siderov continued with his assault, hitting a policeman and a passenger who had expressed his outrage at the incident.
If found guilty, the politician can face up to 5 years in jail.
- » 175 illegal Migrants Caught at the Bulgarian Border in March
- » NYT: Toronto Van Driver Kills at Least 10 People
- » Smuggling of Cigarettes in Bulgaria is Currently 6.6%
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
- » Father Slaughtered his Son in Novi Han
- » Prosecutor Office to Reveal Details of the Case with the Detained Policemen in Rakovski