Bulgarian Nationalist Leader Charged with Hooliganism
Bulgaria's Prosecution has indicted the leader of nationalist party Ataka, Volen Siderov, over January's incident at the Varna Airport.
Siderov is charged with hooliganism and infliction of minor injuries on a policeman, Dnevnik.bg reports.
On January 6, the nationalist leader was involved in a conflict, which started on an airplane, where he reportedly insulted the French cultural attach?. Later in the shuttle bus at Varna Airport, Siderov continued with his assault, hitting a policeman and a passenger who had expressed his outrage at the incident.
If found guilty, the politician can face up to 5 years in jail.
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
- » Nineteen Migrants Indicted in Bulgaria over Harmanli Riots
- » 30% of Women in Bulgaria Victims of Violence
- » 110 Kg of Marijuana Discovered at Danube Bridge 2