Bulgarian Nationalist Leader Charged with Hooliganism
Bulgaria's Prosecution has indicted the leader of nationalist party Ataka, Volen Siderov, over January's incident at the Varna Airport.
Siderov is charged with hooliganism and infliction of minor injuries on a policeman, Dnevnik.bg reports.
On January 6, the nationalist leader was involved in a conflict, which started on an airplane, where he reportedly insulted the French cultural attach?. Later in the shuttle bus at Varna Airport, Siderov continued with his assault, hitting a policeman and a passenger who had expressed his outrage at the incident.
If found guilty, the politician can face up to 5 years in jail.
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile
- » 805 Phone Frauds Since the Beginning of the Year in Bulgaria
- » Spanish Police Bust International Crime Ring for Stealing Cars
- » Authorities Seized 17 Illegal Migrants near Kostinbrod