American University in Bulgaria Preparing for Annual Olympics
For a 9th consecutive year, the American University in Bulgaria will organize the AUBG Olympics in Blagoevgrad.
This year, the event will take place on April 27. As usual, it will be held at the baseball field of Bachinovo Park, on one of the picturesque hills above Blagoevgrad.
A special guest of this year's AUBG Olympics will be Bulgaria's legendary gymnast Yordan Yovchev, who will demonstrate some of his skills, as well as award the winners.
There will be a total of 15 disciplines at this year's Olympics. As usual, the popular ones include football, volleyball, basketball, athletics, and tug-of-war. The newest edition is the marathon, which will be held on Saturday, the 26th.
"Our aim is to promote a healthy lifestyle and sports culture, both for the students and the wider community. We do give out medals, but what is more important is to exercise and feel well", Ivaylo Yanev, President of the AUBG Olympics Club commented.
Last year, the AUBG Olympics attracted over 600 students, professors, and guests, with the number expected to rise even more this year. Although the competitions are open only to students and staff of the university, everyone is welcome to attend and enjoy a sunny (hopefully) day out in nature. A special climbing wall will be set up for anyone who wishes to try out.
Lots of fun, music, and barbecue await all the guests this year.
- » At Least 110 Bulgarians to Compete in European Games 2015
- » Skiers Speak Out Against FIS Reaction to Dangerous Race Conditions
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko