Bulgarian Prank for Laurent Blanc at Stamford Bridge
A fan of Chelsea Football Club waved out Bulgarian national team jersey of Emil Kostadinov in the last minute of Tuesday's Champions League match at Stamford Bridge.
The second leg of the quarterfinal between Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) finished 2:0 with a dramatic late goal of Demba Ba to secure the passage of the London club.
As the manager of PSG Laurent Blanc was getting ready to leave the pitch in the last minute, the cameras caught a supporter waving a Kostadinov number 7 shirt in the background. The obvious reference was to the famous 1993 match between France and Bulgaria in Paris, when a last minute goal of Kostadinov knocked out the hosts and took Bulgaria to the 1994 World Cup. Blanc was part of the losing side on that occasion.
It is not known whether the French manager saw this prank, but it is likely that the memories of this match have resurfaced when he witnessed his side concede the late goal from Chelsea.
- » Samuel Eto'o Confirms Participation in Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium