Bulgarian Prank for Laurent Blanc at Stamford Bridge
A fan of Chelsea Football Club waved out Bulgarian national team jersey of Emil Kostadinov in the last minute of Tuesday's Champions League match at Stamford Bridge.
The second leg of the quarterfinal between Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) finished 2:0 with a dramatic late goal of Demba Ba to secure the passage of the London club.
As the manager of PSG Laurent Blanc was getting ready to leave the pitch in the last minute, the cameras caught a supporter waving a Kostadinov number 7 shirt in the background. The obvious reference was to the famous 1993 match between France and Bulgaria in Paris, when a last minute goal of Kostadinov knocked out the hosts and took Bulgaria to the 1994 World Cup. Blanc was part of the losing side on that occasion.
It is not known whether the French manager saw this prank, but it is likely that the memories of this match have resurfaced when he witnessed his side concede the late goal from Chelsea.
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles