Bulgaria to Receive EUR 1.8B EU Funds by End-2014 – Deputy PM
European Union will allocate about EUR 1.8B to Bulgaria by the end of 2014, according to Deputy Prime Minister Zinaida Zlatanova.
During the new programming period by 2020 Bulgaria may receive some EUR 15B EU funds, Zlatanova said at a seminar against corruption and fraud in regards to EU structural and investment funds, BGNES reports.
In the new programming period, the regions will receive EUR 325B boost via European structural and investment funds.
The main goal is to increase economic growth, to create new jobs and to develop competitiveness.
According to Zlatanova, corruption remains a challenge for Bulgaria and Europe. The Deputy Prime Minister highlighted the important measures for the reduction of corruption, such as transparency of procedures, effective implementation of the measures, legislation reform and control improvement.
- » Italy Nominates Federica Mogherini for EU Foreign Policy Chief
- » Bulgarians 'Most Detached from EU' - Eurobarometer
- » Bulgaria's New MEPs to Stress Refugee Issues, Eurozone Accession
- » Bulgarian DPS Party Supports Georgieva's EU Foreign Policy Chief Bid
- » EIB to Assist Bulgarian Railway Infrastructure Co in Tariff Formation
- » EC Approves Bulgaria's Public Procurement Strategy 2014-2020