Bulgaria to Receive EUR 1.8B EU Funds by End-2014 – Deputy PM
European Union will allocate about EUR 1.8B to Bulgaria by the end of 2014, according to Deputy Prime Minister Zinaida Zlatanova.
During the new programming period by 2020 Bulgaria may receive some EUR 15B EU funds, Zlatanova said at a seminar against corruption and fraud in regards to EU structural and investment funds, BGNES reports.
In the new programming period, the regions will receive EUR 325B boost via European structural and investment funds.
The main goal is to increase economic growth, to create new jobs and to develop competitiveness.
According to Zlatanova, corruption remains a challenge for Bulgaria and Europe. The Deputy Prime Minister highlighted the important measures for the reduction of corruption, such as transparency of procedures, effective implementation of the measures, legislation reform and control improvement.
- » President Plevneliev: Bulgaria’s Georgieva Will Be Awarded ‘Strong Economic Portfolio’
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Calls for Common EU Energy Strategy
- » Good Luck, Kristalina!
- » Bulgaria to Seek EC Aid for Damages worth BGN 5-10M Caused by Russian Embargo
- » Western Balkans Conference Kicks Off in Berlin
- » Bulgaria OKs Disaster Risk Management Peer Reviews by EU Countries