Bulgaria to Receive EUR 1.8B EU Funds by End-2014 – Deputy PM
European Union will allocate about EUR 1.8B to Bulgaria by the end of 2014, according to Deputy Prime Minister Zinaida Zlatanova.
During the new programming period by 2020 Bulgaria may receive some EUR 15B EU funds, Zlatanova said at a seminar against corruption and fraud in regards to EU structural and investment funds, BGNES reports.
In the new programming period, the regions will receive EUR 325B boost via European structural and investment funds.
The main goal is to increase economic growth, to create new jobs and to develop competitiveness.
According to Zlatanova, corruption remains a challenge for Bulgaria and Europe. The Deputy Prime Minister highlighted the important measures for the reduction of corruption, such as transparency of procedures, effective implementation of the measures, legislation reform and control improvement.
- » Bulgaria Remains under EU Monitoring over Macroeconomic Imbalances
- » EU Commission Approves Bulgaria's Human Resources Program
- » Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva to Meet Bulgaria President, PM
- » Bulgaria to Get 6% of Requested EUR 300 M under EU Solidarity Fund
- » PES Leader Stanishev Offers to Help Bulgaria Join Schengen
- » Bulgaria Will Not Sign TTIP Unless US Lifts Visa Requirements - Minister