Marine Guard Shot Dead by Colleague at North Carolina Base
One Marine was shot to death by a colleague at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident happened at around 5.30 pm on Tuesday.
The Marine who fired the shot from his M4 rifle was detained and is to be questioned by the Naval Criminal Investigative Services, according to reports of the Washington Post.
The authorities have ruled out terrorism.
The identity of the gunman and the victim not yet been revealed as the relatives are being notified.
The incident is unrelated to the shooting at Fort Hood last week that left three people dead and 16 others wounded.
- » Merkel 'Proposed NATO Membership to Japan'
- » Die Welt: Six EU States Urge Extension of Schengen Internal Border Controls
- » Roaming Charges in EU Fall as of Saturday
- » Helicopter with Thirteen People on Board Crashes off Norway
- » Austria Adopts New Tougher Asylum Law
- » Suicide Bombing in Turkey’s Bursa Injures at least 13 People