Marine Guard Shot Dead by Colleague at North Carolina Base
One Marine was shot to death by a colleague at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident happened at around 5.30 pm on Tuesday.
The Marine who fired the shot from his M4 rifle was detained and is to be questioned by the Naval Criminal Investigative Services, according to reports of the Washington Post.
The authorities have ruled out terrorism.
The identity of the gunman and the victim not yet been revealed as the relatives are being notified.
The incident is unrelated to the shooting at Fort Hood last week that left three people dead and 16 others wounded.
- » Obama Expresses Regret to Putin Over Downed Su-24 Bomber
- » Vice-President Georgieva: Restricting Free Movement of People Will be Harsh Blow to EU
- » Putin 'Not Planning to Meet Erdogan' at Paris Climate Talks
- » Turkey's Erdogan Says Ready to Meet Putin over Russia Plane
- » Turkey Gets EUR 3 B, Visa Waiver to Deter EU-Bound Migrants
- » Turkey to Hand Over Body of Pilot of Downed Su-24 to Russia