Marine Guard Shot Dead by Colleague at North Carolina Base
One Marine was shot to death by a colleague at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident happened at around 5.30 pm on Tuesday.
The Marine who fired the shot from his M4 rifle was detained and is to be questioned by the Naval Criminal Investigative Services, according to reports of the Washington Post.
The authorities have ruled out terrorism.
The identity of the gunman and the victim not yet been revealed as the relatives are being notified.
The incident is unrelated to the shooting at Fort Hood last week that left three people dead and 16 others wounded.
- » Sweden Wins 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Gunfight Between Security Forces, Armed Group Kills at Least 43 in Mexico
- » IS Claims Responsibility for Suicide Attack on Shiite Mosque in Saudi Arabia
- » Russia Warns Google, Twitter, Facebook of Possible Blocking of Services
- » At Least 30 Casualties as Suicide Bomber Targets Shia Mosque in Saudi Arabia
- » Kristalina Georgieva Appointed Co-Chair to UN Humanitarian Financing Panel