Marine Guard Shot Dead by Colleague at North Carolina Base
One Marine was shot to death by a colleague at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident happened at around 5.30 pm on Tuesday.
The Marine who fired the shot from his M4 rifle was detained and is to be questioned by the Naval Criminal Investigative Services, according to reports of the Washington Post.
The authorities have ruled out terrorism.
The identity of the gunman and the victim not yet been revealed as the relatives are being notified.
The incident is unrelated to the shooting at Fort Hood last week that left three people dead and 16 others wounded.
- » Death Toll in Nepal Quake Nearing 4,000
- » EU Resists Kiev’s Calls to Send Military Mission to Eastern Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Raising Funds to Help Quake-Hit Nepal People
- » South Korean PM Resigns over Bribery Accusations
- » Poland Denies Entry of Russian Night Wolves Bikers
- » Missing Bulgarian Student in Nepal Is Well, Contacts Parents