Marine Guard Shot Dead by Colleague at North Carolina Base
One Marine was shot to death by a colleague at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident happened at around 5.30 pm on Tuesday.
The Marine who fired the shot from his M4 rifle was detained and is to be questioned by the Naval Criminal Investigative Services, according to reports of the Washington Post.
The authorities have ruled out terrorism.
The identity of the gunman and the victim not yet been revealed as the relatives are being notified.
The incident is unrelated to the shooting at Fort Hood last week that left three people dead and 16 others wounded.
- » Eurogroup to Discuss Latest Greek Proposal at Emergency Conference Call
- » No Bulgarian Troops Injured in Taliban Suicide Bombing in Kabul
- » Greek Government Submits New Proposal to Creditors in Attempt to Avert Default
- » Serbia Offers to Sell Tanjug News Agency for EUR 760,935
- » EU May Unemployment Rate Falls to 9.6%
- » Varoufakis Confirms Greece Unable to Make IMF Debt Payment