Bulgaria, Macedonia to Launch Railway Line by 2022
A railway line connecting Bulgaria and Macedonia may be launched in 2022, Macedonian Transport Minister Mile Janakieski said, Tuesday.
"We have already started the reconstruction of the first railway section Kumanovo – Beljakovce and we plan to launch a train connecting Macedonia and Bulgaria by 2022. The project has been innitiated, we will allocate resources to the other two sections, as well," Minister Janakieski announced, cited by Bulgaria's BGNES agency.
"The rehabilitation of another section between Bitola and Kremenica is to be launched this year, too. There will be a public discussion in ten days and I expect that the works will start by the end of the year and will take 24 months," he added.
Minister Janakieski said that new passenger trains carriages will be imported in 2015 that will improve the conditions for both drivers and passengers.
Today Macedonia celebrates 141 years since the establishment of Macedonian Railways.
- » Consultative Council on South Gas Corridor To Meet in Baku
- » State Ventures To Invest 50% of 2016 Profits on Behalf of Bulgaria
- » Azerbaijan Waiting for Bulgaria To Construct Gas Link With Greece
- » Foreign Investments in Bulgaria Shrink by 60% at End-2016
- » Bulgaria Ranks 47th in Economic Freedom Index
- » KEVR: Bulgargaz' Demand for 32% Hike in Gas Prices Is Unjustifiably High