Bulgaria, Iraq Discuss Direct Flights Sofia-Baghdad
Deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev agreed on Tuesday with his Iraqi counterpart Bangen Rekani on a new document for bilateral air transport cooperation.
The agreement is expected to boost air traffic and lead to opening new lines, thus also creating jobs and enforcing Bulgarian-Iraqi trade.
Possibilities of cooperation between national carriers BH Air and Iraq Airways were on the agenda during deputies' meeting, though no deal was reached, the website Money.bg reports.
The existing framework of bilateral cooperation in the field dates back to 1966 and does not comply with European law.
- » Tsvetan Vasilev to Make Proposal on KTB within Days – Central Bank
- » Power of Siberia Pipeline Construction Kicks Off
- » Ukraine, Belarus Make Up for Russians on Bulgaria's Property Market
- » Bulgaria's Public Debt Sees Significant Increase in July
- » Bulgarian Industrial Association Opposes Minimum Wage Hike Proposal
- » Protests to Be Staged in Support of KTB Across Bulgaria