Bulgaria, Iraq Discuss Direct Flights Sofia-Baghdad
Deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev agreed on Tuesday with his Iraqi counterpart Bangen Rekani on a new document for bilateral air transport cooperation.
The agreement is expected to boost air traffic and lead to opening new lines, thus also creating jobs and enforcing Bulgarian-Iraqi trade.
Possibilities of cooperation between national carriers BH Air and Iraq Airways were on the agenda during deputies' meeting, though no deal was reached, the website Money.bg reports.
The existing framework of bilateral cooperation in the field dates back to 1966 and does not comply with European law.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June
- » Air France Strike to Disrupt Sofia Flights
- » Bulgarian Energy Group BEH Places EUR 550 M Eurobond Issue - Minister
- » U.S. Delegation Visits Bulgarian Arms Maker VMZ Sopot to Discuss Expansion of Ties
- » Bulgaria Expects 10% Rise in Tourist Numbers in Summer 2016
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016