Bulgaria, Iraq Discuss Direct Flights Sofia-Baghdad
Deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev agreed on Tuesday with his Iraqi counterpart Bangen Rekani on a new document for bilateral air transport cooperation.
The agreement is expected to boost air traffic and lead to opening new lines, thus also creating jobs and enforcing Bulgarian-Iraqi trade.
Possibilities of cooperation between national carriers BH Air and Iraq Airways were on the agenda during deputies' meeting, though no deal was reached, the website Money.bg reports.
The existing framework of bilateral cooperation in the field dates back to 1966 and does not comply with European law.
- » Conference „Prevention of Problem Payments in Utility Sector“
- » Romanian Media: Bulgaria Offers Very Good Tourist Services
- » Bulgaria Still Behind Most of EU in Mobile Shopping
- » Enhanced Security Measures Along Bulgarian Summer Resorts
- » Vice President Yotova Speaks With Representatives of Bulgarian Communities in Neighbouring Countries
- » Bulgaria’s Current Balance Shows Deficit of EUR 254M