Retail In Bulgaria On The Rise
In February retail and store turnover in Bulgaria increased – both year-on-year and compared to January 2014, shows data of National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The retail sector grew by 1%, compared to January and by 9.2%, compared to February 2013.
Highest growth was posted in the consumer electronics and domestic appliances stores - by 1.9%, compared to the preceding month, textiles, clothes and shoes – by 1.4%, computers and communications equipment – by 1.1% and food, alcohol and cigarettes – by 0.8%.
The sales of automobile fuels decreased by 0.7%.
Compared to February 2013, sales increase in almost all sectors. The most considerable growth was posted in the retail via internet, post and telephone and the sales of computer and communications equipment – by 18.5% both.
- » Bulgarian State Railways Struggling To Stay Afloat
- » Bulgaria Records Progress in Economic Freedom – Think Tank
- » Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Foresees Power Price Hike in 2015
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Hold Hearing of Energy Distributors
- » Russian Companies Interested in Building Hydraulic Structures in Bulgaria – Ambassador Isakov
- » Bulgaria Launches EU-funded Advertising Campaign to Boost Domestic Tourism