Retail In Bulgaria On The Rise
In February retail and store turnover in Bulgaria increased – both year-on-year and compared to January 2014, shows data of National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The retail sector grew by 1%, compared to January and by 9.2%, compared to February 2013.
Highest growth was posted in the consumer electronics and domestic appliances stores - by 1.9%, compared to the preceding month, textiles, clothes and shoes – by 1.4%, computers and communications equipment – by 1.1% and food, alcohol and cigarettes – by 0.8%.
The sales of automobile fuels decreased by 0.7%.
Compared to February 2013, sales increase in almost all sectors. The most considerable growth was posted in the retail via internet, post and telephone and the sales of computer and communications equipment – by 18.5% both.
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Among Lonely Planet's Best Travel Destinations 2015
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Sign Memorandum To Build Two New Bridges Over Danube
- » Bulgaria's Energy Market 'Needs More Dealers'
- » Incoming EU Energy Commissioner Prefers Southern Gas Corridor over South Stream
- » Poland's Sikorski Denies Ukraine Partition Comments
- » EU Bank Watchdog Urges Bulgaria to Ensure Instant Access to KTB Deposits