Retail In Bulgaria On The Rise
In February retail and store turnover in Bulgaria increased – both year-on-year and compared to January 2014, shows data of National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The retail sector grew by 1%, compared to January and by 9.2%, compared to February 2013.
Highest growth was posted in the consumer electronics and domestic appliances stores - by 1.9%, compared to the preceding month, textiles, clothes and shoes – by 1.4%, computers and communications equipment – by 1.1% and food, alcohol and cigarettes – by 0.8%.
The sales of automobile fuels decreased by 0.7%.
Compared to February 2013, sales increase in almost all sectors. The most considerable growth was posted in the retail via internet, post and telephone and the sales of computer and communications equipment – by 18.5% both.
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt Slashes BGN 500M Public Investment Program by BGN 150M
- » Asarel Investment Gets Metallic Mineral Prospecting Permit for Borimechkovo
- » Europe to Rely Heavily on Russian Gas Until 2020 at Least, Fitch Says
- » Bulgaria's Imports from Russia Down 23% in H1, 2014
- » Bulgaria Decides to Set up Energy Board
- » Foreign Visitors To Bulgaria Increase In July