Retail In Bulgaria On The Rise
In February retail and store turnover in Bulgaria increased – both year-on-year and compared to January 2014, shows data of National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The retail sector grew by 1%, compared to January and by 9.2%, compared to February 2013.
Highest growth was posted in the consumer electronics and domestic appliances stores - by 1.9%, compared to the preceding month, textiles, clothes and shoes – by 1.4%, computers and communications equipment – by 1.1% and food, alcohol and cigarettes – by 0.8%.
The sales of automobile fuels decreased by 0.7%.
Compared to February 2013, sales increase in almost all sectors. The most considerable growth was posted in the retail via internet, post and telephone and the sales of computer and communications equipment – by 18.5% both.
- » Huawei Presents 'Perfect Selfie' Smartphone in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Business Confidence Index Rises in May
- » Bulgaria Officially Opens 34-km Section of Maritsa Motorway
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Offer Joint Spa Holiday Packages from 2016
- » EU Funding is Available for Bulgarian Gas Hub Construction, Minister Petkova says
- » Maxim Behar Backed for New 3-Year Term on Management Board of Bulgarian Business Leaders Forum