Retail In Bulgaria On The Rise
In February retail and store turnover in Bulgaria increased – both year-on-year and compared to January 2014, shows data of National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The retail sector grew by 1%, compared to January and by 9.2%, compared to February 2013.
Highest growth was posted in the consumer electronics and domestic appliances stores - by 1.9%, compared to the preceding month, textiles, clothes and shoes – by 1.4%, computers and communications equipment – by 1.1% and food, alcohol and cigarettes – by 0.8%.
The sales of automobile fuels decreased by 0.7%.
Compared to February 2013, sales increase in almost all sectors. The most considerable growth was posted in the retail via internet, post and telephone and the sales of computer and communications equipment – by 18.5% both.
- » Bulgaria Experiences Shortage of 40 000 IT Specialists
- » Bulgaria's Gross External Debt Exceeded EUR 38.6 B at End of February
- » Bulgaria Implements EU Ban on Artificial Sweeteners
- » Sofia Business Park to Become Accessible by Underground on May 8
- » Romanians Express Preference for Bulgarian Seaside Resorts
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Vows Single Phone Number for All Hotel Reception Desks