Bulgarian Railway Infrastructure Employees Set for a Protest
Employees of Bulgaria's National Railway Infrastructure Company are taking to the streets for a silent protest on Tuesday, demanding higher salaries.
They also want to express their support for colleagues bargaining over a new collective agreements on working terms, according to Bulgaria's NOVA TV.
Both the railway infrastructure company and the national carrier Bulgarian State Railways are considered to be debt-ridden and unable to avoid default without subsidies by the government.
Bulgaria's Transport Minister Danail Papazov has however suggested a renewal is scheduled in both companies in the short term.
- » Fresh Snow Catches Bulgaria Off-Guard
- » Greece Halts Trucks from Bulgaria over Bad Weather
- » Code Yellow in Most of Bulgaria over Snow, Road Ice
- » Bulgaria's Handover of Gulenist to Turkey 'Unlawful' - Amnesty
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Snow in Most of Country Wednesday
- » Snow, Wind Warning Issued across Bulgaria