Bulgarian Railway Infrastructure Employees Set for a Protest
Employees of Bulgaria's National Railway Infrastructure Company are taking to the streets for a silent protest on Tuesday, demanding higher salaries.
They also want to express their support for colleagues bargaining over a new collective agreements on working terms, according to Bulgaria's NOVA TV.
Both the railway infrastructure company and the national carrier Bulgarian State Railways are considered to be debt-ridden and unable to avoid default without subsidies by the government.
Bulgaria's Transport Minister Danail Papazov has however suggested a renewal is scheduled in both companies in the short term.
- » Hot Weather Alert Throughout Bulgaria on Sunday
- » Bulgaria Expects Another Hot Summer Day on Sunday
- » Wildfire near Bulgaria's Ardino Contained
- » Forest Fire Rages near Ardino in Southern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgaria to Scrap Injunction of People with Mental Disabilities