Bulgarian Railway Infrastructure Employees Set for a Protest
Employees of Bulgaria's National Railway Infrastructure Company are taking to the streets for a silent protest on Tuesday, demanding higher salaries.
They also want to express their support for colleagues bargaining over a new collective agreements on working terms, according to Bulgaria's NOVA TV.
Both the railway infrastructure company and the national carrier Bulgarian State Railways are considered to be debt-ridden and unable to avoid default without subsidies by the government.
Bulgaria's Transport Minister Danail Papazov has however suggested a renewal is scheduled in both companies in the short term.
- » Fear of Hail Fills Up Sofia's Underground Parkings
- » 3 Bulgarian Seafarers Set Off For Round-the-World Sailing Trip
- » Pest Infestations On the Rise Because of Rains
- » Bulgaria's Euroroma Threatens Blockades on Major Roads
- » Bulgaria's Hail Suppression Agency Cannot Disperse Gathering Clouds
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail