Spanish Culture Continues to Attract Bulgarians
The Spanish Embassy in Bulgaria and the Cervantes Institute presented the cultural program "Spanish Spring" for 2014.
The upcoming cultural events for the spring season were presented to the media by Ambassador Jose Luis Tapia. He addressed the difficulties for promoting culture in times of economic crisis, when cultural budgets are usually cut. Nonetheless, he expressed his satisfaction at the huge popularity that Spanish culture is enjoying in Bulgaria.
The "Spanish Spring" kicked off with a sell-out performance of the Spanish National Ballet on March 25 at the National Palace of Culture in Sofia. On April 8, another worldly renown ensemble, the Casals string quartet will perform at the Bulgaria Hall in the capital.
The cultural events are not restricted to Sofia, but also in other major Bulgarian cities. On May 29, flamenco dancer Mercedes Ruiz will put on the spectacle "Baile de Palabra" in Varna. Plovdiv and Blagoevgrad will also host events to promote the flaring Spanish culture.
- » SA Ambassador: We Celebrate Nelson Mandela – Our Collective Dream
- » Ambassadors Issue Statement Of Support For Sofia Pride 2014
- » US Ambassador Concerned With South Stream Construction Bid
- » Ambassador Koizumi: Japan Needs to Reopen NPPs Under Safety Standards
- » Serbian Ambassador Thanks Bulgaria for Flood Relief Aid
- » H. E. Anton Pacuretu: Europe Should Look Beyond Framework for Ukraine