Spanish Culture Continues to Attract Bulgarians
The Spanish Embassy in Bulgaria and the Cervantes Institute presented the cultural program "Spanish Spring" for 2014.
The upcoming cultural events for the spring season were presented to the media by Ambassador Jose Luis Tapia. He addressed the difficulties for promoting culture in times of economic crisis, when cultural budgets are usually cut. Nonetheless, he expressed his satisfaction at the huge popularity that Spanish culture is enjoying in Bulgaria.
The "Spanish Spring" kicked off with a sell-out performance of the Spanish National Ballet on March 25 at the National Palace of Culture in Sofia. On April 8, another worldly renown ensemble, the Casals string quartet will perform at the Bulgaria Hall in the capital.
The cultural events are not restricted to Sofia, but also in other major Bulgarian cities. On May 29, flamenco dancer Mercedes Ruiz will put on the spectacle "Baile de Palabra" in Varna. Plovdiv and Blagoevgrad will also host events to promote the flaring Spanish culture.
- » Bulgaria President Awards Order to Spanish Ambassador
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria to Remain in Office under Trump
- » Turkish Embassy Condemns Attack on Bulgarian Helsinki Committee Chair
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria Condemns Attack on Bulgarian Helsinki Committee Chair
- » Bulgaria's FM Discusses EU-Canada Deal with New Ambassador
- » Nargiz Gurbanova: Azerbaijan Considering Bulgaria's Proposals on Balkan Gas Hub