Bulgaria's Burgas, Turkey's Lozengrad Mull Railway Line
Bulgaria's Burgas and Turkey's Kırklareli (Lozengrad) are to sign an agreement on conducting feasibility studies for a railway line connecting the two municipalities.
The document is to be signed during the first international investment forum titled "The New Economy of Bulgaria – the Road East" to be held on April 9 - 10 under the aegis of Deputy Prime Minister Daniela Bobeva, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
Pavel Marinov, District Governor of Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas, explained at a press conference on Monday that the feasibility studies were to identify probable economic benefits from the railway line, the amounts of cargo which could be transported, the option of opening it to passenger trains, and the environmental risk during construction works.
- » 281 Illegal Migrants Detained at Border with Romania Since Start of 2015
- » USAF F-15s to Take Part in Military Drills in Bulgaria from April 10
- » Bulgaria Unveils Plans to Increase Retirement Age, Pension Insurance Payments
- » Bulgaria Records Sizeable Y/Y Drop in Jobless Rate in February 2015
- » Road Infrastructure Agency Chief Decries Prolonged Underfunding
- » Bulgarian Deputy PM Kuneva Unveils Proposal for Unified Anti-Corruption Unit