Interior Minister Confirms Hezbollah Responsible For Burgas Bombing
Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev confirmed that the Hezbollah terrorist organisation is responsible for the bus bombing at the Burgas' Sarafovo Airport.
Asked by journalists on Monday whether Hezbollah was responsible for the bombing, Yovchev said he had already stated his conviction.
“All traces lead there,” he said. “What can we prove in court, is another matter. If you're asking me if I am certain of this – yes, I am.”
Earlier on Monday Bulgarian media reported that the suicide bomber who killed five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver and himself on July 18, 2012, was Algerian.
According to the authorities, he had later lived in Morocco, and received his training in southern Lebanon.
Yovchev refused to divulge any other information, as the pre-court procedings are ongoing.
- » Serbia Arrests Bulgarian National for Trafficking Afghan Refugees
- » Burgas Bombing 'Raised Hezbollah Suspicions of Double Agent'
- » Bulgaria's DANS Apprehends Three Terrorist Suspects at Border
- » Seven Bulgarians Arrested in Belgrade for Intending to Stage Protest
- » Bulgarian Man Arrested by Macedonian Police for Human Smuggling Attempt
- » IntMin Confirms with High Degree of Certainty Missing Petko Sertov Left for Greece