Interior Minister Confirms Hezbollah Responsible For Burgas Bombing
Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev confirmed that the Hezbollah terrorist organisation is responsible for the bus bombing at the Burgas' Sarafovo Airport.
Asked by journalists on Monday whether Hezbollah was responsible for the bombing, Yovchev said he had already stated his conviction.
“All traces lead there,” he said. “What can we prove in court, is another matter. If you're asking me if I am certain of this – yes, I am.”
Earlier on Monday Bulgarian media reported that the suicide bomber who killed five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver and himself on July 18, 2012, was Algerian.
According to the authorities, he had later lived in Morocco, and received his training in southern Lebanon.
Yovchev refused to divulge any other information, as the pre-court procedings are ongoing.
- » Regional Environment Inspectorate Head Arrested for Soliciting Bribe
- » Chief of Police in Bulgaria's Smolyan Removed from Office
- » Oscar Pistorius Gets 5 Years In Jail For Killing His Girlfriend
- » Bulgarian Customs Apprehend 5 M Fake Russian Excise Labels
- » Bulgarian Court Rejects Kobliakov Extradition Request from Russia
- » Bulgaria Court to Sit on 'Putin Opponent' Extradition