Interior Minister Confirms Hezbollah Responsible For Burgas Bombing
Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev confirmed that the Hezbollah terrorist organisation is responsible for the bus bombing at the Burgas' Sarafovo Airport.
Asked by journalists on Monday whether Hezbollah was responsible for the bombing, Yovchev said he had already stated his conviction.
“All traces lead there,” he said. “What can we prove in court, is another matter. If you're asking me if I am certain of this – yes, I am.”
Earlier on Monday Bulgarian media reported that the suicide bomber who killed five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver and himself on July 18, 2012, was Algerian.
According to the authorities, he had later lived in Morocco, and received his training in southern Lebanon.
Yovchev refused to divulge any other information, as the pre-court procedings are ongoing.
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq