Interior Minister Confirms Hezbollah Responsible For Burgas Bombing
Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev confirmed that the Hezbollah terrorist organisation is responsible for the bus bombing at the Burgas' Sarafovo Airport.
Asked by journalists on Monday whether Hezbollah was responsible for the bombing, Yovchev said he had already stated his conviction.
“All traces lead there,” he said. “What can we prove in court, is another matter. If you're asking me if I am certain of this – yes, I am.”
Earlier on Monday Bulgarian media reported that the suicide bomber who killed five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver and himself on July 18, 2012, was Algerian.
According to the authorities, he had later lived in Morocco, and received his training in southern Lebanon.
Yovchev refused to divulge any other information, as the pre-court procedings are ongoing.
- » Bulgaria Govt Confirms Arrest of French National en Route to Turkey
- » French National Detained in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Reports Successful Operation Against Cigarette Smugglers
- » Sarafovo Attack: Bulgarian Court Fails to Launch Trial
- » Bulgarian-Australian National Detained over Terrorism 'Sympathized with IS'
- » Syrian Man Shot Near Central Sofia 'Involved in People Smuggling'