Bulgarian Chardonnay, Cabernet Most Preferred At Vinaria
Bulgarian Chardonnays and Cabernet Sauvignon wines proved most popular among conossieurs and consumers at the international wine exhibition Vinaria in Plovdiv.
It is being organised by the Bulgarian Wine and Vine Growers' Association since 1999.
White chardonnay, red and rose cabernet sauvignon, produced by Bulgarian wineries won the most prizes at the international wine and liquor competition – they took 27 gold medals among 78 winners.
The majority of the jury members, as well as the contestants were international.
The participants in the national wine tastings also preferred chardonnay – three out of five winners and cabernet sauvignon – three out of six.
The Consumers' Choice awards in the categories red and white wine were also won by wines made of such sorts.
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Head Dismissed amid Extortion Allegations
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria Increased 4-fold in 2000-2015
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
- » Bulgarian Farmers Hit By Russia Sanctions May Expect Compensations Totaling EUR 398 000
- » Bulgarians Completed Less Tourist Trips in First Quarter of 2015
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia