Retirement Age in Bulgaria to Reach 65 by 2021
Both men and women in Bulgaria falling under third labor category will retire at age 65 after 2021, according to the updated National Reform Program.
The document has been drafted by experts from Bulgaria's Ministry of Finance and soon will be tabled for discussion, Bulgarian Pressa Daily informs.
Currently, women can retire at 60 years and 8 months in case they have 34 years and 8 months of full service. The age for men is 63 years and 8 months and 37 years and 8 months of work experience.
According to a plan adopted by the cabinet of PM Borisov in 2012, full service and age increased annually by 4 months. In 2014, however, the increase of retirement age was frozen, still the regulation will come into force in 2015 again.
According to the strategy document, the draft which introduces changes to the Social Security Code regarding the pension reform, will be submitted to the Council of Ministers by the end of November 2014.
- » Bulgaria Records No Improvement in Freedom House Report
- » Captured Bulgarians in Sudan Expected to be Released Soon
- » Bulgaria's Deputy Chief of Defense Dies Aged 53
- » Personalities in the News 2014 Poll Closes in Two Weeks
- » Bulgarians Held in Sudan 'Not Taken Hostage' - FM Daniel Mitov
- » Chinese Cinema Festival to Take Place in Sofia