Vietnam is Bulgaria's Top Strategic Partner in Southeast Asia - PM
The economic cooperation between Vietnam and Bulgaria has great potential, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski stated after meeting with his Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Tan Dung.
Oresharski stressed that Bulgaria considers Vietnam its most important strategic partner in Southeast Asia and hopes that the development of economic relations will strengthen the presence of Bulgaria in this region of the world.
"Vietnam is an old friend of Bulgaria and we are determined to deepen cooperation with all our old friends, including Vietnam, and through cooperation, we are looking for new friends in the region," he said, cited by Bulgarian National Radio.
PM Oresharski pointed out that Bulgaria and Vietnam agreed on most of the important international issues, which, in his words, was another criterion for the close relations between the two countries.
Vietnamese PM Nguyen Tan Dung said on his part that there will be a new model for economic cooperation with Bulgaria which will include specific measures to increase investments.
A total of three bilateral documents between Bulgaria and Vietnam were signed, Monday. Those include a framework agreement on agriculture and fisheries, a cultural cooperation program, and a cooperation program in the field of tourism.
- » Bulgaria Had Second Largest Drop in Unemployment in EU in March
- » Bulgarian PM Slightly Lifts Veil On GERB’s Presidential Candidate
- » For First Time Woman Will Head Bulgaria's Penitentiary System
- » Bulgaria, US Begin Preparations for Joint Air Training “Thracian Eagle 2016”
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Also Bans Wearing of Face-Covering Veils in Public Places
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Provision Allowing Simultaneous Holding of Referendums, Elections