Sarafovo Suicide Bomber of Algerian Origins
The suicide bomber of the July 2012 terrorist attack on a bus at Burgas' Sarafovo Airport was Algerian, investigators have revealed.
Five Israeli tourists and the driver of the bus, as well as the bomber, died in the attack on July 18.
The terrorist was an Algerian-born, who had later lived in Morocco, and received his training in southern Lebanon, the authorities say. Two other persons, linked with organizing the bombing, were also based in Lebanon, and most likely linked to Hezbollah.
Police are still trying to track a fourth man who entered Bulgaria through the Turkish border with a falsified Venezuelan passport. It is said that he may be the mastermind behind the deadly act.
- » Bulgaria Charges Two People with Making False Identity Documents
- » Sofia Confirms Arrest of 3 Bulgarians in Hungary over Migrant Truck Deaths
- » Three Bulgarians Detained over Death of 71 Migrants in Truck in Austria
- » Bulgarian-Hungarian Smuggling Ring Allegedly Involved in Refugee Truck Death in Austria
- » Police in Plovdiv Bust Printing House for Fake Documents
- » 2 Bulgarian Tourists To Be Tried in Greece for Picking Up Refugee Hitchhikers