Prince Edward to Visit Bulgaria
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, arrives on Monday in Bulgaria upon the invitation of Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
Prince Edward is the chairperson of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission and will arrive in Bulgaria on the occasion of the centenary of the start of World War I.
On Monday afternoon he will lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Sofia and will meet with President Plevneliev, said the President's Press Office.
On Tuesday Rosen Plevneliev and Prince Edward will attend a commemoration ceremony in the military section of Sofia Central Cemetery. The prince will also meet Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin and will host a reception for the British business delegation and their Bulgarian partners.
On Wednesday Prince Edward will attend a commemoration ceremony at the military cemetery in Plovdiv.
- » Agreement with Bulgaria to be Signed on 1 August in Skopje
- » Azerbaijan, Bulgaria to Sign Agreement on Social Security
- » Ankara Sends Ambassador Gokce to Guatemala, Hassan Ulusoy Comes to Sofia
- » Council of Ministers Approved Draft of Friendship Treaty With Macedonia
- » US Ambassador: 'Bulgaria Can Play the Role of Mediator For the Movement of the Balkans Towards Europe'
- » Serbian Prime Minister Acknowledged the Bulgarian Efforts to Keep the EU Open to the Western Balkans