Ivaylo Filev Wins European Weightlifting Gold
Bulgaria's Ivaylo Filev won the gold medal in the 62kg category at the European Weightlifting Championships in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Filev lifted a total of 299kg from his two attempts, for his first ever European title. His best achievement so far had been a bronze medal from the World Championships in 2007.
There was another Bulgarian on the podium in the same category. Stoyan Enev lifted 286kg to grab the bronze medal. The silver went to Stanislav Chadovich of Belarus, with 293kg.
- » European Open Amateur MMA Begins in Sofia
- » Special Olympics Athletes Back From Austria with 9 Medals
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold