Ivaylo Filev Wins European Weightlifting Gold
Bulgaria's Ivaylo Filev won the gold medal in the 62kg category at the European Weightlifting Championships in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Filev lifted a total of 299kg from his two attempts, for his first ever European title. His best achievement so far had been a bronze medal from the World Championships in 2007.
There was another Bulgarian on the podium in the same category. Stoyan Enev lifted 286kg to grab the bronze medal. The silver went to Stanislav Chadovich of Belarus, with 293kg.
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Skip Tournament in Washington Over Illness
- » Mountain Auto Rally “Uzana” Cancelled after Fatal Accident
- » Bulgarians Spent Over EUR 104 000 at 2014 World Cup
- » Michael Schumacher Is Showing Signs Of Recovery
- » Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
- » Clashes Break Out In Argentina After World Cup Defeat