Ivaylo Filev Wins European Weightlifting Gold
Bulgaria's Ivaylo Filev won the gold medal in the 62kg category at the European Weightlifting Championships in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Filev lifted a total of 299kg from his two attempts, for his first ever European title. His best achievement so far had been a bronze medal from the World Championships in 2007.
There was another Bulgarian on the podium in the same category. Stoyan Enev lifted 286kg to grab the bronze medal. The silver went to Stanislav Chadovich of Belarus, with 293kg.
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship