NATO Secretary General To Visit Bulgaria
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen will come to Bulgaria on a two-day visit on Thursday.
According to government sources, the visit is surprising as only several days ago the country was visited by one of Rasmussen's deputies – the assistant secretary general for political affairs and security policy Terry Stamatopoulos.
He was in Bulgaria for the celebrations of the tenth anniversary of Bulgaria's accession to NATO.
So far Rasmussen's visit to Bulgaria will include a meeting with President Rosen Plevneliev, Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin and Defense Minister Angel Naydenov.
- » Russia to Boost Crimea-Based Black Sea Fleet
- » Mistral Warship for Russia 'Tied to Stance on Ukraine Crisis'
- » Bulgaria-Turkey Border Fence Completed
- » KTB 'Holds 90%' of Bulgarian Defense Industry Assets -Former DefMin
- » Greece To Spend EUR 1B on Army Modernization
- » Bulgaria 'Demands All-Weather Reconnaissance US Drones'
Hello An American you have not been here in a while.
Look NATO is all talk, Russia puts people on the ground.
NATO should do something useful for Bulgaria such as truck loads of MIG 29 parts, the US has some.
I guess NATO is just talk and then bombing and cruise missles, these will not work in the Ukraine, it is not Iraq, Libya or Packistan and whoever else you are bombing at the moment.