NATO Secretary General To Visit Bulgaria
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen will come to Bulgaria on a two-day visit on Thursday.
According to government sources, the visit is surprising as only several days ago the country was visited by one of Rasmussen's deputies – the assistant secretary general for political affairs and security policy Terry Stamatopoulos.
He was in Bulgaria for the celebrations of the tenth anniversary of Bulgaria's accession to NATO.
So far Rasmussen's visit to Bulgaria will include a meeting with President Rosen Plevneliev, Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin and Defense Minister Angel Naydenov.
- » US 'Gives Ukraine Weapons via Bulgaria'
- » Baltic Region Countries Report 'Unprecedented' Russian Military Activities In Area
- » NATO 'Mulls Monitoring Mechanism for Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria's New Fighter Jets Should Be Included in 2016 Budget - ex-Chief of Defense
- » Bulgaria's Answer To US Tanks Is 'No' – Chief Of Defence
- » Bulgaria Has Not Received Request for Deployment of NATO Tanks
Hello An American you have not been here in a while.
Look NATO is all talk, Russia puts people on the ground.
NATO should do something useful for Bulgaria such as truck loads of MIG 29 parts, the US has some.
I guess NATO is just talk and then bombing and cruise missles, these will not work in the Ukraine, it is not Iraq, Libya or Packistan and whoever else you are bombing at the moment.