NATO Secretary General To Visit Bulgaria
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen will come to Bulgaria on a two-day visit on Thursday.
According to government sources, the visit is surprising as only several days ago the country was visited by one of Rasmussen's deputies – the assistant secretary general for political affairs and security policy Terry Stamatopoulos.
He was in Bulgaria for the celebrations of the tenth anniversary of Bulgaria's accession to NATO.
So far Rasmussen's visit to Bulgaria will include a meeting with President Rosen Plevneliev, Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin and Defense Minister Angel Naydenov.
- » Bulgaria's Interim DefMin: No Jolts to Be Allowed in Intelligence
- » Defense Minister 'to Dismiss Military Intelligence Chief'
- » US Air Force F-15 Deploy to Bulgaria for Bilateral Training Event
- » UK 'Has Moved Beyond Humanitarian Mission' in Iraq - DefMin
- » Rearmament of Bulgarian Army To Cost BGN 1B by 2020
- » Controlled Blasts of Old Ammunition Concluded in SE Bulgaria
Hello An American you have not been here in a while.
Look NATO is all talk, Russia puts people on the ground.
NATO should do something useful for Bulgaria such as truck loads of MIG 29 parts, the US has some.
I guess NATO is just talk and then bombing and cruise missles, these will not work in the Ukraine, it is not Iraq, Libya or Packistan and whoever else you are bombing at the moment.