Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Face Veteran Croatian
Bulgaria's heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev will fight against 39-year-old Ivica Perkovic in the German city of Rostock on Saturday night.
There was much drama surrounding the selection of an opponent, which frustrated Pulev. Only in the last moment was it revealed that Perkovic will go up against the undefeated Bulgarian, after a number of fighters refused a match-up.
The 193-cm Croatian has a career record of 20 wins and 23 losses. Meanwhile, Pulev will be looking for his 20th win in as many professional bouts.
The fight will start at 9:45 pm Bulgarian time and will be broadcasted live on Diema channel.
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship