Bulgarians Increasingly Traveling for Easter
Bulgarians are increasingly breaking family gathering traditions and booking trips for the Easter holidays.
As many as 40% of Bulgarians are expected to travel somewhere for Easter, according to Yoanna Dochevska, head of the Chamber of Toursim. The most popular destinations are the SPA resorts Velingrad, Hisarya, Dobrinishte, and Sandanski. Prices for a weekend for 2 persons can vary from BGN 150 to BGN 500.
Among the foreign destinations, Greece remains the top choice for Bulgarians. Some opt for organized tours, while others choose to travel by personal transportation. Other preferred European cities are Vienna, Budapest, and Rome.
This year, many of the best offers have been sold out early on, but there will be possibilities to book in the last moment as well, Dochevska adds.
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact
- » Two-digit Price Jump in Hotels and Airline Tickets in December
- » Bulgarians can Travel Without Visas in 156 Countries
- » Bulgaria Expects Tourist Flow with Azerbaijan to Rise
- » 10 Reasons To Visit Bulgaria In 2018
- » IT Failure at Frankfurt Airport Could Disrupt Flights