Bulgarians Increasingly Traveling for Easter
Bulgarians are increasingly breaking family gathering traditions and booking trips for the Easter holidays.
As many as 40% of Bulgarians are expected to travel somewhere for Easter, according to Yoanna Dochevska, head of the Chamber of Toursim. The most popular destinations are the SPA resorts Velingrad, Hisarya, Dobrinishte, and Sandanski. Prices for a weekend for 2 persons can vary from BGN 150 to BGN 500.
Among the foreign destinations, Greece remains the top choice for Bulgarians. Some opt for organized tours, while others choose to travel by personal transportation. Other preferred European cities are Vienna, Budapest, and Rome.
This year, many of the best offers have been sold out early on, but there will be possibilities to book in the last moment as well, Dochevska adds.
- » Bulgarian Hotel, Restaurant Owners Urge Eased Visa Regime for Russian Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Sunny Beach to Have Free Wi-Fi Coverage in Summer
- » Sofia Expects 7-10% Increase in Tourist Numbers in 2015
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Predicts Tough Summer Season
- » Bulgaria Starts Major Tourism Promotion Drive via European TV Channels
- » Over 700 000 Germans Visited Bulgaria for Tourism Purposes in 2014 - Minister