Bulgarians Increasingly Traveling for Easter
Bulgarians are increasingly breaking family gathering traditions and booking trips for the Easter holidays.
As many as 40% of Bulgarians are expected to travel somewhere for Easter, according to Yoanna Dochevska, head of the Chamber of Toursim. The most popular destinations are the SPA resorts Velingrad, Hisarya, Dobrinishte, and Sandanski. Prices for a weekend for 2 persons can vary from BGN 150 to BGN 500.
Among the foreign destinations, Greece remains the top choice for Bulgarians. Some opt for organized tours, while others choose to travel by personal transportation. Other preferred European cities are Vienna, Budapest, and Rome.
This year, many of the best offers have been sold out early on, but there will be possibilities to book in the last moment as well, Dochevska adds.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increased by 16.8 % Y/Y in May
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister Expects 10 % Increase in Tourist Numbers This Summer
- » Bulgaria Says BSEC Countries Need to Offer Joint Products to Boost Tourist Flow
- » Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast Expects 5-7 % Rise in Tourist Numbers
- » 500 Officials to Conduct Inspections Along Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast
- » Coordination Centre to Ensure Safety of Tourists at Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast