Bulgarians Increasingly Traveling for Easter
Bulgarians are increasingly breaking family gathering traditions and booking trips for the Easter holidays.
As many as 40% of Bulgarians are expected to travel somewhere for Easter, according to Yoanna Dochevska, head of the Chamber of Toursim. The most popular destinations are the SPA resorts Velingrad, Hisarya, Dobrinishte, and Sandanski. Prices for a weekend for 2 persons can vary from BGN 150 to BGN 500.
Among the foreign destinations, Greece remains the top choice for Bulgarians. Some opt for organized tours, while others choose to travel by personal transportation. Other preferred European cities are Vienna, Budapest, and Rome.
This year, many of the best offers have been sold out early on, but there will be possibilities to book in the last moment as well, Dochevska adds.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 1.6% Y/Y in March
- » Increased Number of Bulgarians Vacate Locally
- » Bulgaria, Romania Move to Set Up Joint Tourist Info Center in China
- » Discovery Channel Declares Bulgaria Top Tourist Destination in Europe
- » Canada Easing Visa Regime for Bulgarian Visitors from 2016
- » Minister Predicts 50% Increase in Air Traffic over Bulgaria after Launch of Istanbul New Airport